Status of callbacks support?

Giovanni Corriga

Hi Andreas,

I have a couple of questions on the status of the callbacks support
code.

One of the projects we'd like to propose for the Summer of Code is
adding native widgets bindings, starting with GTK widgets. But for that
to work, we'd like to have a callbacks-enabled VM.

Will the callbacks support code be integrated in the main VM code soon?
If so, will it be possible to have callbacks-enabled VMs available
before the start of the Summer of Code (that is, before June)?

        Thanks,

                Giovanni

Re: Status of callbacks support?

Alan Grimes-2

Giovanni Corriga wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I have a couple of questions on the status of the callbacks support
> code.

Have a look at the FFI classes. They are optimized for speed not
compatibility though...

Opera: Sing it loud! :o(  )>-<

Re: Status of callbacks support?

Andreas.Raab

Giovanni Corriga wrote:
> One of the projects we'd like to propose for the Summer of Code is
> adding native widgets bindings, starting with GTK widgets. But for that
> to work, we'd like to have a callbacks-enabled VM.

While this may be helpful, it is most certainly not a requirement.

> Will the callbacks support code be integrated in the main VM code soon?

I don't know what Tim's plans are for integrating these changes into
VMMaker. Other than that there is very little change required.

> If so, will it be possible to have callbacks-enabled VMs available
> before the start of the Summer of Code (that is, before June)?

I have a set of VMs (Qwaq VMs to be specific; for use with Qwaq
products) which support it already; if that were of any help I think I
could convince my CEO to lend you a couple of those for the time being.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Status of callbacks support?

Andreas.Raab

I think you mean the opposite. The FFI is certainly not optimized for
speed ;-)