Stopping out of control processes...

Rich Warren
If I "do" code in a workspace that creates an infinite loop, how do I
interrupt it. It seems to lock up the entire squeak image. I can exit
squeak without saving--but then I lose all unsaved work.

Thanks,

-Rich-

Re: Stopping out of control processes...

Yoshiki Ohshima
  Rich,

> If I "do" code in a workspace that creates an infinite loop, how do I
> interrupt it. It seems to lock up the entire squeak image. I can exit
> squeak without saving--but then I lose all unsaved work.

  Most likely, you can interrupt it by hitting the "period" (.) key
with Alt or Command key pressed.  Depending what is in the loop, it
may eventually kick the low space watcher, but the first option
generally works.

-- Yoshiki

Re: Stopping out of control processes...

Rich Warren
Command  "period" on the Mac, but Woot!, it works! That was one
important piece of missing information.

Thanks,

-Rich-