Storing non code files in Monticello

askoh
Administrator
I would like store some ordinary text files that are used as test inputs to some code. How can I save a Monticello package with the test text files together with the code? Can I do that without making the text files as code in Squeak?

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh

Re: [squeak-dev] Storing non code files in Monticello

Tapple Gao
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 01:24:31PM -0700, askoh wrote:

> I would like store some ordinary text files that are used as test inputs to
> some code. How can I save a Monticello package with the test text files
> together with the code? Can I do that without making the text files as code
> in Squeak?

No. I'm pretty sure we havn't yet implemented that feature. I'll
start working on it next week or so

Re: [squeak-dev] Storing non code files in Monticello

Edgar J. De Cleene

On 16/10/2008, at 17:24, askoh wrote:

I would like store some ordinary text files that are used as test inputs to

some code. How can I save a Monticello package with the test text files

together with the code? Can I do that without making the text files as code

in Squeak?

Thanks,

Aik-Siong Koh

Many moons ago, I cook how have any kind of files in Monticello.

Date is 2004...

Download and expand with a ..zip reader, so you see yourself.
As nobody listen me or pretend my English is too bad, I only share this with kind people who contact me in Skype as edgardec.

Edgar aka Advocatus Diaboli

Re: [squeak-dev] Storing non code files in Monticello

askoh
Administrator
Text file was just an example. But the files could be images, binaries, etc. Then there are folders or directories too. A complete solution would be great for testing and quality assurance in general.
Aik-Siong Koh

Joshua Gargus-2 wrote

Matthew Fulmer wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 01:24:31PM -0700, askoh wrote:
>
>> I would like store some ordinary text files that are used as test inputs to
>> some code. How can I save a Monticello package with the test text files
>> together with the code? Can I do that without making the text files as code
>> in Squeak?
>>

> No. I'm pretty sure we havn't yet implemented that feature. I'll
> start working on it next week or so

Re: [squeak-dev] Storing non code files in Monticello

Bert Freudenberg
MCZ is meant for development, not distribution. Use SAR for that,
which can bundle arbitrary files. .

- Bert -

Am 17.10.2008 um 04:20 schrieb askoh <[hidden email]>:

> Text file was just an example. But the files could be images,
> binaries, etc.
> Then there are folders or directories too. A complete solution would
> be
> great for testing and quality assurance in general.
> Aik-Siong Koh
>

> Joshua Gargus-2 wrote:
>>
>> The quickest approach is to simply define a method that answers a
>> String
>> with the test input.  Is that insufficient for some reason?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Josh
>>

>> Matthew Fulmer wrote:

>>> No. I'm pretty sure we havn't yet implemented that feature. I'll
>>> start working on it next week or so

Re: [squeak-dev] Storing non code files in Monticello

askoh
Administrator
Thanks, for more info:
http://www.visoracle.com/squeak/faq/sar-installer.html