Strange "Syntax Error" problem with 3.9g

Strange "Syntax Error" problem with 3.9g

Noury Bouraqadi
Hi,

I got some strange "Syntax Error" notifications (see the attached
GIF) when:
-Evaluating "Object halt" or any other message that leads to an
exception
-When trying to look at failed tests in the SUnit test runner.

I had the problem in 7058, 7057 and 7056. But not in 7054.
I looked at ParagraphEditor methods and found that method
definitionss are not always available. For the doIt method, I got
doIt methodsFor: 'do-its' stamp: 'ab 3/23/2005 16:49'

When selecting other methods, I get again syntax error...

Is it just me ?

Noury

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Squeak: a Free Smalltalk
http://www.squeak.org

SyntaxError.gif (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Strange "Syntax Error" problem with 3.9g

Andreas.Raab
Replace your previous version of Squeak39.sources with the current one.
I had similar problems as well (and wished that the different versions
would have been called Squeak39a.sources, Squeak39b.sources etc. to
avoid these issues).

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Le 21 sept. 06 à 12:15, Andreas Raab a écrit :

> Replace your previous version of Squeak39.sources with the current
> one.

Thanks Andreas.

> I had similar problems as well (and wished that the different
> versions would have been called Squeak39a.sources,
> Squeak39b.sources etc. to avoid these issues).

Yes. It'd better to distinguish versions.

Noury

> Cheers,
>   - Andreas
>
> Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I got some strange "Syntax Error" notifications (see the attached
>> GIF) when:
>> -Evaluating "Object halt" or any other message that leads to an
>> exception
>> -When trying to look at failed tests in the SUnit test runner.
>> I had the problem in 7058, 7057 and 7056. But not in 7054.
>> I looked at ParagraphEditor methods and found that method
>> definitionss are not always available. For the doIt method, I got
>> doIt methodsFor: 'do-its' stamp: 'ab 3/23/2005 16:49'
>> When selecting other methods, I get again syntax error...
>> Is it just me ?
>> Noury
>> ---
>> Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
>> ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
>> http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury
>> European Smalltalk Users Group Board
>> http://www.esug.org
>> Squeak: a Free Smalltalk
>> http://www.squeak.org
>> ---

Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Squeak: a Free Smalltalk
http://www.squeak.org

Re: Strange "Syntax Error" problem with 3.9g

stephane ducasse-2
Yes we learned by doing. Ideally we wanted to have only one new
source. Sorry about that.
We tried hard.

Stef