Strange results in windows in aFileStream of a filename with chars like "ção"

1 message Options

Strange results in windows in aFileStream of a filename with chars like "ção"

Sebastian Sastre-2
Hi there,

    yesterday I've open a StandardFileStream in windows on a file which has a name with latin characters like "....ção".

    The code was something like:

    [fileStream := StandardFileStream fileName: myFilename.
    text := fileStream contents ] ensure: [fileStream close].

    The text var allways has an empty string. No exceptions nor walbacks.

    My workarround was just to rename the file to a plain non latin ascii for the filename. Then everything was as expected.

    Cheers,

Sebastian