Stress Tool and Smalltalk?

Fede-2
Hi!
I know this list is for squeak, sorry for the noise, maybe someone can help me with this. I´m looking for some tools (like HP LoadRunner) in order to perform a stress test to a VisualWorks 7.1 app client (with a Gemstone DB on the server side). I surfed the web for hours for nothing. Is there any tool on the market that can generate load on the VisualWorks GUI?

Thanks in advance.
fef.-

Re: Stress Tool and Smalltalk?

Stephan Eggermont-3
Anything wrong with loadrunner?

Stephan

Re: Stress Tool and Smalltalk?

Stephan Eggermont-3
That is, is there a special reason not to use VW to measure ? Why do you want an external tool?
That generates an awful lot of work for each change to the application, for near-zero benefits.

Stephan

Re: Stress Tool and Smalltalk?

Casey Ransberger-2
No idea. What I might try -- assuming VisualWorks has an analogue for Squeak's Process class -- is to spin up a bunch of processes and have them compute factorials over and over or something. That should bog down the VW UI.

Try asking at the address below, on the VisualWorks Non-Commercial mailing list. You'll get more folks who use VW there:

[hidden email]