String>>findString: key startingAt: start caseSensitive: caseSensitive

String>>findString: key startingAt: start caseSensitive: caseSensitive

Andreas.Raab
I just ran into a side effect of it. The comment says:

        "IMPLEMENTATION NOTE: do not use CaseSensitiveOrder because it is
broken for WideString
        This is a temporary work around until Wide CaseSensitiveOrder search is
fixed
        Code should revert to:
        caseSensitive
                ifTrue: [^ self findSubstring: key in: self startingAt: start
matchTable: CaseSensitiveOrder]
                ifFalse: [^ self findSubstring: key in: self startingAt: start
matchTable: CaseInsensitiveOrder]"

I'm wondering if we can fix this issue now?

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: String>>findString: key startingAt: start caseSensitive: caseSensitive

Nicolas Cellier
2010/7/14 Andreas Raab <[hidden email]>
I just ran into a side effect of it. The comment says:

       "IMPLEMENTATION NOTE: do not use CaseSensitiveOrder because it is broken for WideString
       This is a temporary work around until Wide CaseSensitiveOrder search is fixed
       Code should revert to:
       caseSensitive
               ifTrue: [^ self findSubstring: key in: self startingAt: start matchTable: CaseSensitiveOrder]
               ifFalse: [^ self findSubstring: key in: self startingAt: start matchTable: CaseInsensitiveOrder]"

I'm wondering if we can fix this issue now?

Cheers,
 - Andreas

It depends what we call fix...
Either a cheap fix latin1-centric matching what asUppercase is today...
Or a more complete unicode handling like described http://unicode.org/reports/tr21/tr21-5.html ...

Nicolas