Suggestions needed for Learning(Teaching) reading

Suggestions needed for Learning(Teaching) reading

Steve Thomas
I will be heading to Haiti next month and the teachers are requesting feedback and ideas on teaching English at the school I will be visiting.

I am looking for good resources on methods of teaching/lessons, software suggestions and non computer games and methods of learning.

I have ordered "Proust and the Squid" and am looking at Maryanne Wolf video's suggested by Mike Lee.

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: Suggestions needed for Learning(Teaching) reading

Ron Teitelbaum-2

Hi Steve,

Hope you don’t mind a shameless plug.  How about having students in the USA teach kids there using our software.

www.3dicc.com

You could have kids in world, they could read signs, follow verbal instructions, watch videos and be mentored by a native speaker.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Head Of Engineering

3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting

[hidden email]

Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum

www.3dicc.com

3d ICC on G+

Re: Suggestions needed for Learning(Teaching) reading

Harness, Kathleen
Steve,
You might take a look at this:
PUT READING FIRST, the publication that Bonnie Armbruster, Jean Osborn, and Fran Lehr compiled for the National Institute of Child Health and Development (a summary of the large NATIONAL READING PANEL REPORT prepared by DOE in 2001).
http://www.fredonia.edu/coe/Put%20Reading%20First%20Publilcation.pdf
Regards,
Kathleen