Sync clone with blessed in Gitorious

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I know I can pull from blessed to my clone via the command line... how do I do it via the Gitorious web UI?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Sync clone with blessed in Gitorious

Igor Stasenko
On 25 May 2012 05:17, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I know I can pull from blessed to my clone via the command line... how do I
> do it via the Gitorious web UI?

Sean , i never heard of such features available.

Besides, automerge can fail, and this would leave a repo in strange state.
Yes, you can write a web frontend to git.. if you really need it. But
i dont think this is
much needed otherwise people would already do it, isnt?

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Sync clone with blessed in Gitorious

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Igor Stasenko wrote
Sean , i never heard of such features available.
Okay, thanks. I had cloned blessed via the gitorious UI a while back and never made any changes. Then I wanted to update on gitorious to the latest blessed, but didn't have a local copy.

I ended up doing:
git clone git@gitorious.org:~seandenigris/cogvm/seandenigris-cog-blessed.git
git remote add blessed git://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed.git
git pull blessed master

It took twice as long because I had to download the repo locally first (which I didn't need), so I guess my real question is: could I have done that without creating a local copy first? i.e. directly on my clone that lives on gitorious.
Cheers,
Sean