SystemProgressMorph applyUserInterfaceTheme

SystemProgressMorph applyUserInterfaceTheme

Christoph Thiede

Hi all, hi Marcel :-)

What is the purpose of the class-side #applyUserInterfaceTheme implementation in SystemProgressMorph?

SystemProgressMorph class >> applyUserInterfaceTheme
self reset.

Given the following snippet:

Project current uiManager informUser: 'Foo' during: [
Preferences changeFontSize: 0.
self halt]

Currently, the SystemProgressMorph has abandoned when a debugger appears. If I remove the class-side method from above, everything works as expected.

What are the considerations to hide all progress if the UI theme is changed?

Best,

Christoph

Carpe Squeak!

Re: SystemProgressMorph applyUserInterfaceTheme

marcel.taeumel
Hi Christoph.

What are the considerations to hide all progress if the UI theme is changed?

I suppose "self reset" is just the simplest way to update all UI stuff according to the new theme. Feel free to write a better ui-update method.

Best,
Marcel

Am 13.12.2019 22:50:08 schrieb Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]>:

Hi all, hi Marcel :-)

What is the purpose of the class-side #applyUserInterfaceTheme implementation in SystemProgressMorph?

SystemProgressMorph class >> applyUserInterfaceTheme
self reset.

Given the following snippet:

Project current uiManager informUser: 'Foo' during: [
Preferences changeFontSize: 0.
self halt]

Currently, the SystemProgressMorph has abandoned when a debugger appears. If I remove the class-side method from above, everything works as expected.

What are the considerations to hide all progress if the UI theme is changed?

Best,

Christoph

Re: SystemProgressMorph applyUserInterfaceTheme

Christoph Thiede

Hi Marcel,

#reset abandons the progress morph.

Feel free to write a better ui-update method.

Well ... have a look at Morphic-ct.1615 :-)
I could not identify any glitches with it so far.

Best,
Christoph