Teaching Communication vs Talk

1 message Options

Teaching Communication vs Talk

Carlos Rabassa
"They learn to talk by themselves.  Teach them to communicate."

This is from a TV commercial we recently watched,  in Montevideo, in spanish, believe it was from the government,  addressed to parents and tutors.

After all we learned at Squeakfest Brazil 2009,  we thought,  "this is exactly what the nice teachers we met are doing!"

The children learn very quickly to find the right keys to push,  almost by themselves.

Very quickly they learn how to get knowledge transferred to their screens for them to read and watch.

The many good teachers we listened to,  told us about the E-Toys projects they use to teach the kids how to think rather than to passively watch another TV-like device.

Once again it became obvious to me,  the new computers and programs,  such as the XO and E-Toys,  will allow teachers to use their specialized knowledge focusing in the areas where it will bear most fruit:

Teaching to communicate rather than to talk.