Technical problems / nothing showing

Louis Fleming
Technical problems / nothing showing

        Windows XP Pro
        Pentium 3.4 GHZ
        Administrator Mode
        Radeon X300 Video
        1.5 GB Ram

        IE6

        Installed plugin repeatedly

        surfed to check site - never saw any animation

        went to some of the games on the site and clicked -
        after long delay - all that happened was it tried to reinstall
        the squeak plug in.

        Trying to get this running for a brand new computer lab to be able to use with guided study     students. Is there some XP / IE security setting I am overlooking?  Tried everything possible   to get this working for last 2 hours.

        Thanks for any and all help

        Louis Fleming
        Andrews High School
        Andrews, Texas

Re: Technical problems / nothing showing

Michael Rueger-3
Louis Fleming wrote:

>         IE6
>
>         Installed plugin repeatedly
>
>         surfed to check site - never saw any animation
>
>         went to some of the games on the site and clicked -
>         after long delay - all that happened was it tried to reinstall
>         the squeak plug in.

We have seen occasional installation problems with IE6 and IE7 recently.
We are looking into this and are hoping to find a solution soon.

The plugin works well in Firefox :-)

Cheers

Michael

Louis Fleming wrote:

>         went to some of the games on the site and clicked -
>         after long delay - all that happened was it tried to reinstall
>         the squeak plug in.

Apologies for this taking so long but I think I finally figured out what
went wrong (wrong version of the IE ActiveX plugin).

I've uploaded a modified Windows installer and would appreciate feedback
if the above problems are solved.

Please note that automatic installation in IE *does not* seem to work!

So please download
(http://www.squeakland.org/plugin/installers/win-std.html) and run the
installer first before looking at the projects/games on the site.

Cheers

Michael