[Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Edgar J. De Cleene
I put on elpelotero , to all what cares.
Also I put PackageInfo-edc.10.mcz.
Drag and drop onto image and press load to see in action.
Think what solves Monticello class order initialization plus having
postcript and preamble.
Into have some code what I need for work easier.
Off course , all could change when Pavel see, but I learn moving on ....

Edgar

Correo Yahoo!

Re: [Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Edgar,

PackageInfo-edc.10.mcz is now mirrored and MinimalMorphic.7201.zip is on
its way, ETA ~12mins @

- ftp://squeak.cobss.ch/pub/MinimalMorphic/

/Klaus

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:47:16 +0100, you wrote:

> I put on elpelotero , to all what cares.
> Also I put PackageInfo-edc.10.mcz.
> Drag and drop onto image and press load to see in action.
> Think what solves Monticello class order initialization plus having
> postcript and preamble.
> Into have some code what I need for work easier.
> Off course , all could change when Pavel see, but I learn moving on ....
>
> Edgar

> Correo Yahoo!
> ¡Abrí tu cuenta ya! - http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Re: [Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Edgar J. De Cleene
Klaus D. Witzel puso en su mail :

> Hi Edgar,
>
> PackageInfo-edc.10.mcz is now mirrored and MinimalMorphic.7201.zip is on
> its way, ETA ~12mins @
Thanks.
Hope all works and improve when Pavel sure correct for going to 7202.
Still I don't put Preferences into ( wait his approval )

Edgar

Correo Yahoo!

Re: [Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Klaus D. Witzel
Hey, a nice background and, for the first time that I see it, the
scrollbars are on the correct side without me doing anything :) No
stinkin' windoze-sided scrollbars :)

Observations:

Classes of category MinimalMorphic-Morphic-Demo are not referenced, same
for the MinimalMorphic-KernelTests-Classes category. Class MailComposition
is only used by MinimalMorphicLoader class>>#initializeClass.

Class MinimalMorphicLoader as a strange method, named
#MinimalMorphicLoader, with a single source code line:

MinimalMorphicLoader class methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified' stamp: 'boot
11/13/2006 07:46'

/Klaus

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:47:16 +0100, Edgar J. De Cleene
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I put on elpelotero , to all what cares.
> Also I put PackageInfo-edc.10.mcz.
> Drag and drop onto image and press load to see in action.
> Think what solves Monticello class order initialization plus having
> postcript and preamble.
> Into have some code what I need for work easier.
> Off course , all could change when Pavel see, but I learn moving on ....
>
> Edgar

> Correo Yahoo!
> ¡Abrí tu cuenta ya! - http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Re: [Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Pavel Krivanek
On 11/14/06, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I put on elpelotero , to all what cares.
> Also I put PackageInfo-edc.10.mcz.
> Drag and drop onto image and press load to see in action.
> Think what solves Monticello class order initialization plus having
> postcript and preamble.
> Into have some code what I need for work easier.
> Off course , all could change when Pavel see, but I learn moving on ....

Hi Edgar,

thank you for you effort but I have several very important comments
- class initialization order - the order is right now but the packages
loose the code of initialization methods! AFIK the problem is
somewhere in ChageSet file-out process, it doesn't require
modifications of Monticello
- preamble/postscript
     - MCMczReader zip memberNamed: 'install/changes.txt' in
posctricpt code is wrong (returns nil)
     - you cannot edit existing scripts in monticello (it edit offers
default content)
- your image is created from unpacked monticello archive so you loose
version information of MinimalMorphic packages
- you should use SqueakSource repository for publishing. Concept of
manully created images on ftp is absolutely wrong. The final images
should be created and published by automatical test&build server that
will use MC repository.
- I don't like the background color ;-)

Cheers,
-- Pavel

Re: [Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Aaron Reichow
Hi!

How do I change the way that the windows look in SqueakLite? What is
the difference between SqueakLite and MinimalMorphic?

Aaron

On Nov 14, 2006, at 7:47 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> I put on elpelotero , to all what cares.
> Also I put PackageInfo-edc.10.mcz.
> Drag and drop onto image and press load to see in action.
> Think what solves Monticello class order initialization plus having
> postcript and preamble.
> Into have some code what I need for work easier.
> Off course , all could change when Pavel see, but I learn moving
> on ....
>
> Edgar

> Correo Yahoo!
> ¡Abrí tu cuenta ya! - http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Re: [Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Pavel Krivanek
Hi Aaron,

On 11/15/06, Aaron Reichow <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How do I change the way that the windows look in SqueakLite? What is
> the difference between SqueakLite and MinimalMorphic?
>
> Aaron

download http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/98/bacicMorphic002.zip
and install Skylark2.cs.
There's no direct relationship between SqueakLite and MinimalMorphic.
Only the same people work on it.

> On Nov 14, 2006, at 7:47 AM, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>
> > I put on elpelotero , to all what cares.
> > Also I put PackageInfo-edc.10.mcz.
> > Drag and drop onto image and press load to see in action.
> > Think what solves Monticello class order initialization plus having
> > postcript and preamble.
> > Into have some code what I need for work easier.
> > Off course , all could change when Pavel see, but I learn moving
> > on ....
> >
> > Edgar

> > Correo Yahoo!
> > Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam ¡gratis!
> > ¡Abrí tu cuenta ya! - http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Re: [Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Edgar J. De Cleene
Aaron Reichow puso en su mail :

> Hi!
>
> How do I change the way that the windows look in SqueakLite? What is
> the difference between SqueakLite and MinimalMorphic?
Hi!!

If you go to http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3935 found some outdated
info about SqueakLight what tell gratitude to you and Jon (lucky he began
email to list again)

At the moment, the last image is available also in eLpelotero in his own
folder /Public/SqueakLight/SqueakLight.419.zip

ftp://[hidden email]/
password: elpelotero  (on approximate 09:00 to 20:00 GMT, dig and take what
you like, at your own risk)

This is a image what begins life as combination of work of Pavel, Steven and
old mine (you could found in elpelotero many hand made images of different
times, all open to curious people)

At one time I began to do many experiments, for I could load ANY code of ANY
Squeak into it.

A collateral damage thing is resurrect MahtMorphs and MorphicWrappers for
3.9 :=)

419 have many last recent works for 3.9 what I think could be nice have in
below 5 mb as
Kazuki Minamitani (DebugReporter)
Masashi Umezawa (FileMan)
Stephan B. Wessels (Skin II) (well this more old , but some ask better look)
And in the way poor man way to read web pages (not a real browser)
in the way a centralized help system
With Utilities actualizar could update it.

I have some .sar made in 3.9 with logic for detect version and load missed
code if necessary.

MinimalMorphic is a Pavel child , all 3.9 and wonderful, maybe a start point
for future Squeak 3.x some day.

I decide this is a superior work, try to help, and still discovering how to
do and not go unwished way.

I only put MinimalMorphic.7201 as proof of concept, this not have Pavel
approve as he expose.

And if with your very valuable experience could find some time to this , I
very excited to hear.

Edgar

Correo Yahoo!

Re: [Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Edgar J. De Cleene
Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :

> - class initialization order - the order is right now but the packages
> loose the code of initialization methods! AFIK the problem is
> somewhere in ChageSet file-out process, it doesn't require
> modifications of Monticello
I check this, better if no need modifications

> - preamble/postscript
>      - MCMczReader zip memberNamed: 'install/changes.txt' in
> posctricpt code is wrong (returns nil)

I have two windows showing in image.(see picture) (via drag and drop and
choosing load).
Also works if you select the package via fileList
I check why fails using Monticello Browser

> - you cannot edit existing scripts in monticello (it edit offers
> default content)

What existing scripts ? I send test of all packages for 3.9 and all said
false

> - your image is created from unpacked monticello archive so you loose
> version information of MinimalMorphic packages

I know. I send mail saying how I build it.

> - you should use SqueakSource repository for publishing.

Ok, when code is final

> Concept of
> manully created images on ftp is absolutely wrong.

Yes, I complaint against it for all 3.9 phase. Only was a Tentative and I do
not do again.

> The final images
> should be created and published by automatical test&build server that
> will use MC repository.

IMHO don't think what could made a complete realease without manual tweaks.

> - I don't like the background color ;-)
Agree. Is awful on old PC as we have in university lab.
But I send a complete scheme with other colors :=)
Sure you tolerate some fun ? Promise not go out of track ...

Edgar

Picture 1.png (43K) Download Attachment

On 11/15/06, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :
>
> > - class initialization order - the order is right now but the packages
> > loose the code of initialization methods! AFIK the problem is
> > somewhere in ChageSet file-out process, it doesn't require
> > modifications of Monticello
> I check this, better if no need modifications
>
> > - preamble/postscript
> >      - MCMczReader zip memberNamed: 'install/changes.txt' in
> > posctricpt code is wrong (returns nil)
>
> I have two windows showing in image.(see picture) (via drag and drop and
> choosing load).
> Also works if you select the package via fileList
> I check why fails using Monticello Browser
>
> > - you cannot edit existing scripts in monticello (it edit offers
> > default content)
>
> What existing scripts ? I send test of all packages for 3.9 and all said
> false

there's preamble and postscript in your package

> > - your image is created from unpacked monticello archive so you loose
> > version information of MinimalMorphic packages
>
> I know. I send mail saying how I build it.
>
> > - you should use SqueakSource repository for publishing.
>
> Ok, when code is final
>
> > Concept of
> > manully created images on ftp is absolutely wrong.
>
> Yes, I complaint against it for all 3.9 phase. Only was a Tentative and I do
> not do again.
>
> > The final images
> > should be created and published by automatical test&build server that
> > will use MC repository.
>
> IMHO don't think what could made a complete realease without manual tweaks.

we will see... it would be nice

> > - I don't like the background color ;-)
> Agree. Is awful on old PC as we have in university lab.
> But I send a complete scheme with other colors :=)
> Sure you tolerate some fun ? Promise not go out of track ...

of course... :-)

-- Pavel

Re: [Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Edgar J. De Cleene
Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :

> there's preamble and postscript in your package

Oh , yes. A experimental form of.

I still working on copy from ChangeSet and from Sar. Afraid I should mess
with PackageInfo and Monticello for doing

As with .sar you could do any arbitrary code (and no code as picts, sound,
morphs, objects) , still I don't understand why bother on Monticello.
IMHO 3.9 history probe what it's not ready for .image building process.

> > The final images
> > should be created and published by automatical test&build server that
> > will use MC repository.
>
> IMHO don't think what could made a complete realease without manual tweaks.

>we will see... it would be nice

You have that .image what could accept remote changes/ etc ?
Some MinimalMorphic + Comanche and some RemoteFoo classes ?

Agree on having TrashCanMorph in MinimalMorphic ?

On 11/16/06, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :
>
> > there's preamble and postscript in your package
>
> Oh , yes. A experimental form of.
>
> I still working on copy from ChangeSet and from Sar. Afraid I should mess
> with PackageInfo and Monticello for doing
>
> As with .sar you could do any arbitrary code (and no code as picts, sound,
> morphs, objects) , still I don't understand why bother on Monticello.
> IMHO 3.9 history probe what it's not ready for .image building process.

at least version control and squeaksource are good arguments for it

> > > The final images
> > > should be created and published by automatical test&build server that
> > > will use MC repository.
> >
> > IMHO don't think what could made a complete realease without manual tweaks.
>
> >we will see... it would be nice
>
> You have that .image what could accept remote changes/ etc ?
> Some MinimalMorphic + Comanche and some RemoteFoo classes ?

the server should do this:
- take 3.9 image and shrink it or take KernelImage
- install latest primitive packages
- install latest tests for it
- test it
- install latest minimal morphic
- install latest test for it
- test it
- install latest next packages
- install latest test for it
- prepare some report
- publish the final image
this should be driven from some external script

> Agree on having TrashCanMorph in MinimalMorphic ?

No, trash is dependent on BookMorph.
MinimalMorphic ~= minimal morphic practical image

-- Pavel

Re: [Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Edgar J. De Cleene
Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :

> the server should do this:
> - take 3.9 image and shrink it or take KernelImage
> - install latest primitive packages
> - install latest tests for it
> - test it
> - install latest minimal morphic
> - install latest test for it
> - test it
> - install latest next packages
> - install latest test for it
> - prepare some report
> - publish the final image
> this should be driven from some external script

Nice plan.

>> Agree on having TrashCanMorph in MinimalMorphic ?
>
> No, trash is dependent on BookMorph.
> MinimalMorphic ~= minimal morphic practical image
>
> -- Pavel

!TrashCanMorph methodsFor: 'dropping/grabbing' stamp: 'sw 8/15/2000 17:03'!
wantsDroppedMorph: aMorph event: evt

    ^ ((aMorph ~~ self) and: [aMorph ~~ Utilities scrapsBook]) and:
        [aMorph willingToBeDiscarded]! !

With this little override, avoid calling (or having Utilities scrapsBook)

!TrashCanMorph methodsFor: 'dropping/grabbing' stamp: 'sw 8/15/2000 17:03'!
wantsDroppedMorph: aMorph event: evt

    ^ (aMorph ~~ self) and:
        [aMorph willingToBeDiscarded]! !

But it's not important

Correo Yahoo!

Re: [Tentative] MinimalMorphic.7201.zip

Aaron Reichow
Pavel-

On Nov 15, 2006, at 1:16 AM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> On 11/15/06, Aaron Reichow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> How do I change the way that the windows look in SqueakLite? What is
>> the difference between SqueakLite and MinimalMorphic?
>>
>> Aaron
>
> download http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/98/bacicMorphic002.zip
> and install Skylark2.cs.
> There's no direct relationship between SqueakLite and MinimalMorphic.
> Only the same people work on it.

Thanks!

I also meant that to go to Edgar persionally- didn't mean to post it
to the list and look like a goofball to everyone. But thanks for the
info!

Aaron