[Test][Squeak4.4-12320] SqueakMap access, failure?

[Test][Squeak4.4-12320] SqueakMap access, failure?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

I tried to access the SqueakMap entries for 4.4.

a) I downloaded the latest image
http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-12320.zip  (20-Dec-12)
b) I choose menu 'Apps' / 'SqueakMap Catalog'
c) I pressed the 'update' button
d) In the categories selection I choose 'Squeak 4.4'

RESULT: no entries, see screen shot

Am I missing something here? How do I get the to the list?

--Hannes

TestSqueakMapAccessWith4.4-12320.gif (45K) Download Attachment

Re: [Test][Squeak4.4-12320] SqueakMap access, failure?

Frank Shearar-3
On 21 December 2012 07:57, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I tried to access the SqueakMap entries for 4.4.
>
> a) I downloaded the latest image
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-12320.zip  (20-Dec-12)
> b) I choose menu 'Apps' / 'SqueakMap Catalog'
> c) I pressed the 'update' button
> d) In the categories selection I choose 'Squeak 4.4'
>

> RESULT: no entries, see screen shot
>
> Am I missing something here? How do I get the to the list?

Right click in the category list and uncheck the "New safely-available
packages" box.

frank

> --Hannes

Re: [Test][Squeak4.4-12320] SqueakMap access, failure?

Hannes Hirzel
Thank you Frank,

Now is shows about 9 packages. Your 'Zippers' package
http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Zippers.html
among them.

However if I press 'Install' two dialog boxes
'The package has no published release for your Squeak version, try
releases for any Squeak version' appear.

After confirming to times with 'Yes'  (= I still want to load it)

nothing seems to happen....

--Hannes

On 21 December 2012 10:11, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you Frank,
>
> Now is shows about 9 packages. Your 'Zippers' package
> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Zippers.html
> among them.
>
> However if I press 'Install' two dialog boxes
> 'The package has no published release for your Squeak version, try
> releases for any Squeak version' appear.
>
> After confirming to times with 'Yes'  (= I still want to load it)
>
> nothing seems to happen....

Yes :( I haven't yet published a release for it. I will soon. But
Control ought to be installable.

So I guess that might be a bug. I mean, it's visually apparent that
there are no releases for Zipper, but in that case you shouldn't be
able to attempt to install something that cannot be installed! Would
you mind reporting it on http://bugs.squeak.org?

frank

> --Hannes
>
> On 12/21/12, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 21 December 2012 07:57, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I tried to access the SqueakMap entries for 4.4.
>>>
>>> a) I downloaded the latest image
>>> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-12320.zip  (20-Dec-12)
>>> b) I choose menu 'Apps' / 'SqueakMap Catalog'
>>> c) I pressed the 'update' button
>>> d) In the categories selection I choose 'Squeak 4.4'
>>>

>>> RESULT: no entries, see screen shot
>>>
>>> Am I missing something here? How do I get the to the list?
>>
>> Right click in the category list and uncheck the "New safely-available
>> packages" box.
>>
>> frank
>>
>>> --Hannes

Re: [Test][Squeak4.4-12320] SqueakMap access, failure?

Hannes Hirzel
Reported as
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7708

--HJH

On 12/21/12, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 21 December 2012 10:11, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thank you Frank,
>>
>> Now is shows about 9 packages. Your 'Zippers' package
>> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Zippers.html
>> among them.
>>
>> However if I press 'Install' two dialog boxes
>> 'The package has no published release for your Squeak version, try
>> releases for any Squeak version' appear.
>>
>> After confirming to times with 'Yes'  (= I still want to load it)
>>
>> nothing seems to happen....
>
> Yes :( I haven't yet published a release for it. I will soon. But
> Control ought to be installable.
>
> So I guess that might be a bug. I mean, it's visually apparent that
> there are no releases for Zipper, but in that case you shouldn't be
> able to attempt to install something that cannot be installed! Would
> you mind reporting it on http://bugs.squeak.org?
>
> frank
>
>> --Hannes

>>> Right click in the category list and uncheck the "New safely-available
>>> packages" box.
>>>
>>> frank

Re: [Test][Squeak4.4-12320] SqueakMap access, failure?

Hannes Hirzel
Probably wrongly assigned to
KenCausey

How can I change that?

--HJH

On 21 December 2012 11:03, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Probably wrongly assigned to
> KenCausey
>
> How can I change that?

I've just changed that, and moved the issue into the SqueakMap
category, and took ownership. It's usually assigned to _someone_
depending on the category. Ken's account is the default assignee for
the Any category.

But to answer your question, I don't think reporters have permission
to change that field.

frank

> --HJH
>
> On 12/21/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Reported as
>> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7708
>>
>> --HJH

>>> Yes :( I haven't yet published a release for it. I will soon. But
>>> Control ought to be installable.
>>>
>>> So I guess that might be a bug. I mean, it's visually apparent that
>>> there are no releases for Zipper, but in that case you shouldn't be
>>> able to attempt to install something that cannot be installed! Would
>>> you mind reporting it on http://bugs.squeak.org?
>>>
>>> frank

Re: [Test][Squeak4.4-12320] SqueakMap access, failure?

Chris Muller-3
Hi Hannes, this may have something to do a version-name comparison
issue.  Dave submitted a patch to the Inbox which I hope to review
soon.

In any case, you are absolutely right that the packages that are
supported for 4.4 should just show up without the user having to
change any filters.

I'm going to be publishing my packages soon so I'll be paying
attention to the whole SM experience for 4.4.

 - Chris