[Test] Xtreams

Hannes Hirzel
On 2/26/13, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2013/2/26 H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:
>> For the load script for Xtreams in the list archive, which Frank
>> mentions, there is one here
>>

>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2012-September/165822.html
>>
>> But it refers to a copy Colin Putney keeps at his wiresong site.
>>
>> --Hannes
>>

> I don't have time to try, but do you mean that various snippets found
> on http://www.squeaksource.com/Xtreams.html are failing?
> Or is it just the part requiring FFI?
>
> Nicolas

Yes, we need a retest for 4.4
http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-12327.zip and current trunk
(preferably on the integration server)

At the moment I do not have time either to test it. So I put out this
email as a reminder for somebody to catch up.

--Hannes

Re: [Test] Xtreams

Frank Shearar-3
On 26 February 2013 15:21, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/26/13, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 2013/2/26 H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:
>>> For the load script for Xtreams in the list archive, which Frank
>>> mentions, there is one here
>>>

>>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2012-September/165822.html
>>>
>>> But it refers to a copy Colin Putney keeps at his wiresong site.
>>>
>>> --Hannes
>>>

>> I don't have time to try, but do you mean that various snippets found
>> on http://www.squeaksource.com/Xtreams.html are failing?
>> Or is it just the part requiring FFI?
>>
>> Nicolas
>>

> Yes, we need a retest for 4.4
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-12327.zip and current trunk
> (preferably on the integration server)
>
> At the moment I do not have time either to test it. So I put out this
> email as a reminder for somebody to catch up.

I tried, but ran into problems with FFI (see my mail from earlier
today). If we can resolve that, I can set up a CI job to test Xtreams.
(Or, I suppose, just test the non-FFI parts so long.)

> --Hannes

Re: [Test] Xtreams

Hannes Hirzel
I would say go for the non-FFI part on the CI for the time being and
leave a note which people will see.

--Hannes

On 2/26/13, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 26 February 2013 15:21, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> I don't have time to try, but do you mean that various snippets found
>>> on http://www.squeaksource.com/Xtreams.html are failing?
>>> Or is it just the part requiring FFI?
>>>
>>> Nicolas
>>>

>> Yes, we need a retest for 4.4
>> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-12327.zip and current trunk
>> (preferably on the integration server)
>>
>> At the moment I do not have time either to test it. So I put out this
>> email as a reminder for somebody to catch up.
>
> I tried, but ran into problems with FFI (see my mail from earlier
> today). If we can resolve that, I can set up a CI job to test Xtreams.
> (Or, I suppose, just test the non-FFI parts so long.)
>
>> --Hannes

Re: [Test] Xtreams

Frank Shearar-3
Agreed, and done: