TestServer

Nicolas MELIN

http://testserver.smallhosting.info
(actually, it's not quite finished, consider it as a demo ;))

The test process is:
- launch a new Squeak image
- run all tests, save the results, trash the image
- display the results using Seaside
We plan to add the possibility to run specific tests, adding or removing tests or packages, etc.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions to improve the test server? If you need specific features, I would be glad to implement them (if I can ;-)

The current requests are:
- Send test results by e-mail
- RSS feeds

Re: TestServer

Philippe Marschall
2006/3/8, Nicolas Melin <[hidden email]>:

> http://testserver.smallhosting.info
> (actually, it's not quite finished, consider it as a demo ;))
>
> The test process is:
> - launch a new Squeak image
> - run all tests, save the results, trash the image
> - display the results using Seaside
> We plan to add the possibility to run specific tests, adding or removing tests or packages, etc.
>
> Do you have any ideas or suggestions to improve the test server? If you need specific features, I would be glad to implement them (if I can ;-)
>
> The current requests are:
> - Send test results by e-mail
> - RSS feeds

This is just a little thing, but could you set the page title to
something different than '/'

http://smallhosting.info/forum/
Is this supposed to look like that?

Philippe

Re: TestServer

Dan Corneanu
Nicolas Melin wrote:

> http://testserver.smallhosting.info
> (actually, it's not quite finished, consider it as a demo ;))
>
> The test process is:
> - launch a new Squeak image
> - run all tests, save the results, trash the image
> - display the results using Seaside

Is this done automatically and periodically?

Re: TestServer

Nicolas MELIN

Philippe,

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 10:13:53 +0100, "Philippe Marschall" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is just a little thing, but could you set the page title to
> something different than '/'

ok :)

> http://smallhosting.info/forum/
> Is this supposed to look like that?

There was actually a bug in the webserver configuration (at the moment, the smallhosting.info domain contains only testserver.smallhosting.info).

The url http://smallhosting.info pointed at another website, which accidentally is a forum that has just been hacked. They are taking measures to secure their forum.

The entire server isn't impacted.

Re: TestServer

Nicolas MELIN

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 11:36:31 +0200, Dan Corneanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is this done automatically and periodically?

not at the moment, but it should in a few days

Re: TestServer

Simon Michael
Nicolas - very cool!

If you want to add more images, http://squeak.joyful.com/Images has some
ideas. (squeakland, croquet, tweak)

Side note to Cees - you did something along these lines but I never saw it
up. I wonder what yours did.

Re: TestServer

timrowledge

On 8-Mar-06, at 12:57 AM, Nicolas Melin wrote:

> http://testserver.smallhosting.info
> (actually, it's not quite finished, consider it as a demo ;))
>
> The test process is:
> - launch a new Squeak image
> - run all tests, save the results, trash the image
> - display the results using Seaside
> We plan to add the possibility to run specific tests, adding or
> removing tests or packages, etc.
>
> Do you have any ideas or suggestions to improve the test server? If
> you need specific features, I would be glad to implement them (if I
> can ;-)
Small suggestion - where the number of test run is reported it would
be useful to see 'x tests out of y run' so that we know in the future
whether all the tests actually got run. Note the 2006-03-01 -
07:49:16 entry where it initially looks like everything was perfect
until you see that only 29 tests ran.

Bigger suggestion - run all test every day on each of the currently
viable images (ie the 3.8 final and 3.9a right now) with each of the
plausible VMs (ie right now a 3.7 and 3.8 level) but only post
results when they change so as to not swamp us with redundant data.
This would help us track any problems newly caused by VM changes as
well as image changes. That can be very useful info to have sometimes.

And of course, I hope you managed to make all this completely
automatic so you don't have to do anything manually!

tim
Useful random insult:- People around her are at risk of second hand
idiocy.