Testing youtube tutorials

LawsonEnglish
This isn't meant to test anything but my ability to make a screenshot
movie, and what sized fonts should be suitable, but it points out
something that often confuses me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WvE_UL33ek

I know that if I set the system font for code windows, I will get the
correct font in a NEW window, but why doesn't it stick in the transcript
window I'm already using?

Also, and I haven't documented this yet, I've noticed that if I fiddle
with the font sizes in the Workspace window, certain errors start
popping up. E.G.  objects referenced by the code in the workspace are
claimed to be missing, even as I create them.

Lawson

Re: Testing youtube tutorials

Chris Muller-3
How did you make this movie?

Chris Muller wrote:

> How did you make this movie?
>
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> This isn't meant to test anything but my ability to make a screenshot movie,
>> and what sized fonts should be suitable, but it points out something that
>> often confuses me:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WvE_UL33ek

SnapZPro for the mac. Screen capture utility from Ambrosia Software.

Lawson

[OT] Re: [squeak-dev] Testing youtube tutorials

Bert Freudenberg
On 05.04.2010, at 21:07, Chris Muller wrote:

> How did you make this movie?
>
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WvE_UL33ek

For my latest screencasts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6NrQhcI4XM

I used this, which worked very nicely on my Mac, is free ($5 to remove the watermark) and supposedly works on Windows and Linux too:
http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/

- Bert -

Re: [OT] Re: [squeak-dev] Testing youtube tutorials

LawsonEnglish