TextMorph not showing all text...

Christian Kellermann
Hi!

I have hit another issue I don't understand by browsing the system
alone.  I have a TextMorhph inside a PasteUpMorph inside a ScrollPane
inside a SystemWindow.

When I fill it with text exceeding a certain size it gets cut off:
Scrolling goes not to the end of the text.  When inspecting the
TextMorph I see that the content is there fully so the display logic
must be somehow responsible for this.

Any hints on how I could further debug this?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.

jrm

Re: TextMorph not showing all text...

jrm
Hello Christian,

When faced with a problem like this, I like to work up from the lowest level.
You are wanting to debug: TextMorph > PasteUpMorph > ScrollPane > SystemWindow.

Work in Workspace or Inspector or Explorer, all of which allow execution of arbitrary code.
Use the Protocol browser to see all of the methods available to the class you are working on.
Create a test case by pulling items from the Objects flap. I pulled a #Playfield and then dropped a #Text on it.
Open Explorers on both Objects.
Experiment with different methods in the text explorer code window, think of words which describe the behavior you want to manipulate and use the Protocol Browser to find some.

Try:
(self owner) width: self width.
(self owner) height: self height.
self bounds: (self bounds) in: self owner.
self owner bounds: (self bounds: (self bounds) in: self owner).
self bounds: self owner bounds.

self owner height

Let me know if this is helpful,
jrm