Thank you MCP contributors!

tblanchard
In a longish chain of events, I stumbled across this article
describing the refactoring of Java swing component drawing behavior
into objects called "Painters".
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/joshy/archive/2006/09/introducing_pai.html

Which is pretty much the same idea I was fooling around with about 3
years ago which I called Bricks.
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3186

So for grins I loaded up my old Bricks image and thought I'd bring
the stuff forward and take another run at the fence by abandoning the
idea of changing event handling and sticking with improving UI
construction, painting and layout.

When I got the code filed into a modern 3.8 image, I was really
pleasantly surprised to find the Morphic code in considerably better
shape than I remembered.  I assume this is the results of the MCP
project and I just wanted to say thanks!  It is a lot easier to find
things and all the new comments are great.

-Todd Blanchard

Re: Thank you MCP contributors!

Michael Rueger-6
Todd Blanchard wrote:
> Which is pretty much the same idea I was fooling around with about 3
> years ago which I called Bricks.
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3186

Anywhere to download this from?

Michael

Re: Thank you MCP contributors!

tblanchard
I'm updating it now - I'll put up an MC archive somewhere in the next
week.