Thanks to all of you who asked

abergel
As you may know, an earthquake occurred yesterday evening in the north of Chile. It was a strong one.
Many of us have asked how well we are. We are all good.

Luckily, Chile is very well prepared. Whereas a shake of 8.3 is strong enough to swipe away most of countries, Chile almost did not suffer.

It happens in the north of Chile, quite far from Santiago, where most of us are based. We actually did not feel anything. Over the last few months, the Chilean ground has been shaking a lot, around Santiago.

Thanks for thinking about us. You guys are great!
Alexandre (in the name of all the people living in Chile part of this mailing list)
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Thanks to all of you who asked

Sergi Reyner
As you may know, an earthquake occurred yesterday evening in the north of Chile. It was a strong one.

First news I have. Probably because I don´t actually watch or read the news :D

Many of us have asked how well we are. We are all good.

Glad everyone is allright :)

Cheers,
Sergi

Re: Thanks to all of you who asked

pharo4Stef@free.fr
great news.

On 02 Apr 2014, at 17:17, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As you may know, an earthquake occurred yesterday evening in the north of Chile. It was a strong one.
> Many of us have asked how well we are. We are all good.
>
> Luckily, Chile is very well prepared. Whereas a shake of 8.3 is strong enough to swipe away most of countries, Chile almost did not suffer.
>
> It happens in the north of Chile, quite far from Santiago, where most of us are based. We actually did not feel anything. Over the last few months, the Chilean ground has been shaking a lot, around Santiago.
>
> Thanks for thinking about us. You guys are great!
> Alexandre (in the name of all the people living in Chile part of this mailing list)

Re: Thanks to all of you who asked

Tudor Girba-2
I just read the news.

I am happy you are fine!

Doru

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
As you may know, an earthquake occurred yesterday evening in the north of Chile. It was a strong one.
Many of us have asked how well we are. We are all good.

Luckily, Chile is very well prepared. Whereas a shake of 8.3 is strong enough to swipe away most of countries, Chile almost did not suffer.

It happens in the north of Chile, quite far from Santiago, where most of us are based. We actually did not feel anything. Over the last few months, the Chilean ground has been shaking a lot, around Santiago.

Thanks for thinking about us. You guys are great!
Alexandre (in the name of all the people living in Chile part of this mailing list)
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Thanks to all of you who asked

philippeback
Same here.

For the record, Chile was on the top of Yahoo! mobile news.

I happen to be at the Hadoop Summit in Amsterdam and that's where I saw the news.

Phil

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 8:18 PM, Sergi Reyner <[hidden email]> wrote:
As you may know, an earthquake occurred yesterday evening in the north of Chile. It was a strong one.

First news I have. Probably because I don´t actually watch or read the news :D

Many of us have asked how well we are. We are all good.

Glad everyone is allright :)

Cheers,
Sergi

Re: Thanks to all of you who asked

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
I just read the news.

I am happy you are fine!
+1 to both. And thank you for letting us know you are okay!
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Thanks to all of you who asked

philippeback

Crossed my mind: create some visualizations using Roassal about the quake(s) in Chile and advertise your local biz presence. #datajournalism,
This can turn big.

Le 3 avr. 2014 10:22, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
> I just read the news.
>
> I am happy you are fine!

+1 to both. And thank you for letting us know you are okay!

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Thanks to all of you who asked

kilon.alios
I was pleasantly surprised that you had not loads of casualties with such a big earthquake. And I was also wondering how many people are from Chile in this mailing list. As a Greek I have plenty of experience with quakes though none as big as that one. Should have been quite a shaking. I guess even earth has the need to dance from time to time :D