The Inbox: Collections-bf.496.mcz

12

Re: Cmd-0

Chris Muller-3
Did I win?  :)

Quick story:  Without mentioning anything about this vote or Squeak or
anything -- Last night I simply asked my wife at dinner, as a user of
a word processor, which has Control+B for bold, etc., and Control+N to
"make it normal" (that's how I phrased it).  What should Control+N do?

BAM!  With no bias or hesitation whatsoever she said it should reset
the color too.  Another +1 for B.

Sheesh, talk about a landslide.

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 2:58 AM, Stéphane Rollandin
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> A) Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not
>> reply]
>> B) Bert: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes
>> C) Chris: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes except coloring
>

> +1 for B
>
> Stef

Re: Cmd-0

Levente Uzonyi-2
D) I don't care, but this code shouldn't be in the Collections package.

Levente

On Fri, 24 May 2013, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 2013-05-24, at 17:43, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>       I can see the root of our disagreement lies in our regard whether color is an equal-footing embellishment as the text-specific embellishments (italics/underline/strikeout/bold) on the hot-keys.
>        At least I understand your POV now, I'm glad it's slightly less ridiculous than I thought.  :)
>

> Progress ;)
>
>                   Seriously, I don't even understand how you could think this is controversial. Removing all text attributes *obviously* should remove text colors.
>

> Since the toggling works afterall, it's not controversial, but a downgrade because I see Cmd-0 now as inconsistent treatment of the text compared to the other emphases operations.
>
> Also, Chris, please read the command-key help, which explicitly states that Cmd-0 is intended to reset all Cmd-6 properties. I merely fixed a bug. It is unfortunate that you learned to rely on the
> buggy behavior. But I'm sure you're a great learner :)
>

> I had already read it and determined that's where the "fix" should have been applied rather than in the behavior.  Our decisions as a community are based on current, logical discussions like this one to
> determine which is wrong, not old documentation.
>
>  - Chris
>

> I think we have made our respective positions clear. Let's poll others:
>
> A) Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
> B) Bert: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes
> C) Chris: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes except coloring
>
> Since A is the default we only need to tally B's and C's :)
>
> - Bert -

Re: Cmd-0

glenpaling
I vote a Bold Blue B

Sent from my iPad

Re: Cmd-0

Yoshiki Ohshima-3
On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 7:15 AM, E. Glen Paling <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I vote a Bold Blue B

But it came across as plain text, Glen.  Did you press Cmd-0?

-- Yoshiki

Re: Cmd-0

glenpaling
:)