The Inbox: Compiler-eem.422.mcz

1 message Options

The Inbox: Compiler-eem.422.mcz

commits-2
A new version of Compiler was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Compiler-eem.422.mcz

Name: Compiler-eem.422
Author: eem
Time: 27 March 2020, 10:26:38.526975 am
UUID: dad8c9c5-1392-4977-8f30-cca2d048a71b
Ancestors: Compiler-eem.421

Fix a bad bug with Compiler-eem.421.  Symbols should not be made writable!  Thanks Levente.

=============== Diff against Compiler-eem.421 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Compiler>>makeCollectionLiteralWritable: (in category 'private') -----
  makeCollectionLiteralWritable: lit
+ "By default all literals are read-only.  Usually this is exactly what we desire. Sometimes
+ this is inconvenient.  This method makes collection literals (other than symbols), and
+ only collection literals, writable, in response to the writableCollectionLiterals cue."
- "By default all literals are read-only.  Usually this is exactly what we desire.
- Sometimes this is inconvenient.  This method makes collection literals, and
- only collection literals, writable, in response to the writableCollectionLiterals cue"
  lit isCollection ifTrue:
+ [lit isSymbol ifFalse:
+ [lit beWritableObject.
+ lit isArray ifTrue:
+ [lit do:
+ [:subLiteral| self makeCollectionLiteralWritable: subLiteral]]]]!