The Inbox: Kernel-fbs.830.mcz

commits-2
A new version of Kernel was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Kernel-fbs.830.mcz

Name: Kernel-fbs.830
Author: fbs
Time: 3 January 2014, 7:55:55.778 pm
UUID: 25f4d159-2983-1f41-a0c5-138dd57531e7
Ancestors: Kernel-fbs.829

Don't ask the user if they'd like to use styling: just use it.

=============== Diff against Kernel-fbs.829 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ClassDescription>>logMethodSource:forMethodWithNode:inCategory:withStamp:notifying: (in category 'private') -----
  logMethodSource: aText forMethodWithNode: aCompiledMethodWithNode inCategory: category withStamp: changeStamp notifying: requestor
+ | priorMethodOrNil |
- | priorMethodOrNil newText |
  priorMethodOrNil := self compiledMethodAt: aCompiledMethodWithNode selector ifAbsent: [].
+ aCompiledMethodWithNode method putSource: aText
- newText := (requestor notNil
- and: [Preferences confirmFirstUseOfStyle])
- ifTrue: [aText askIfAddStyle: priorMethodOrNil req: requestor]
- ifFalse: [aText].
- aCompiledMethodWithNode method putSource: newText
  fromParseNode: aCompiledMethodWithNode node
  class: self category: category withStamp: changeStamp
  inFile: 2 priorMethod: priorMethodOrNil.!

Item was changed:
+ (PackageInfo named: 'Kernel') postscript: 'Preferences removePreference: #confirmFirstUseOfStyle.'!
- (PackageInfo named: 'Kernel') postscript: 'Deprecation showDeprecationWarnings: Preferences showDeprecationWarnings.
- Preferences removePreference: #showDeprecationWarnings.'!

Re: The Inbox: Kernel-fbs.830.mcz

Frank Shearar-3
On 3 January 2014 19:56,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A new version of Kernel was added to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Kernel-fbs.830.mcz

> Name: Kernel-fbs.830
> Author: fbs
> Time: 3 January 2014, 7:55:55.778 pm
> UUID: 25f4d159-2983-1f41-a0c5-138dd57531e7
> Ancestors: Kernel-fbs.829
>
> Don't ask the user if they'd like to use styling: just use it.
>
> =============== Diff against Kernel-fbs.829 ===============
<snip>
> Item was changed:
> + (PackageInfo named: 'Kernel') postscript: 'Preferences removePreference: #confirmFirstUseOfStyle.'!

There's one more piece to this puzzle, and that's cleaning up System
after #confimFirstUseOfStyle's removal. But there are more than enough
Inbox submissions for System for the moment, so I'll clean up System
when this and the Collections commit land in trunk.

frank