The Inbox: Morphic-djr.406.mcz

commits-2
A new version of Morphic was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Morphic-djr.406.mcz

Name: Morphic-djr.406
Author: djr
Time: 30 March 2010, 12:40:48.86 pm
UUID: bc2c9ad3-868e-4f33-b64a-e224fdac211f
Ancestors: Morphic-ar.405

Implement some methods to make Lukas' OmniBrowser tests pass.

=============== Diff against Morphic-ar.405 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: KeyboardEvent>>scanCode: (in category 'private') -----
+ scanCode: ignore
+ " OB-Tests expects this "!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: KeyboardEvent>>setType:buttons:position:keyValue:charCode:hand:stamp: (in category 'private') -----
+ setType: aSymbol buttons: anInteger position: pos keyValue: aValue charCode: ignoredUsedInOBTesting hand: aHand stamp: stamp
+ self setType: aSymbol buttons: anInteger position: pos keyValue: aValue hand: aHand stamp: stamp!

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-djr.406.mcz

Danie Roux-3
> Implement some methods to make Lukas' OmniBrowser tests pass.

This commit makes me feel dirty :-)

Without this, 50+ tests fail in the latest from
http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob
With this (and some other, real fixes), all of them pass.

Any suggestions how best to approach this?

Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix - http://danieroux.com

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-djr.406.mcz

Frank Shearar
Danie Roux wrote:
>> Implement some methods to make Lukas' OmniBrowser tests pass.
>
> This commit makes me feel dirty :-)
>
> Without this, 50+ tests fail in the latest from
> http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob
> With this (and some other, real fixes), all of them pass.
>
> Any suggestions how best to approach this?

Ah right, that's a Pharo thing. Maybe we need an OmniBrowser-Squeak-Core
compatibility package? (I'm thinking here of how Seaside has a
Seaside-Pharo-Core (among others) package.)

frank

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-djr.406.mcz

Colin Putney

On 2010-03-31, at 6:37 AM, Danie Roux wrote:

>> Implement some methods to make Lukas' OmniBrowser tests pass.
>
> This commit makes me feel dirty :-)
>
> Without this, 50+ tests fail in the latest from
> http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ob
> With this (and some other, real fixes), all of them pass.
>
> Any suggestions how best to approach this?

Yeah, I'm wrestling with this myself. I'm thinking there should be a platform-layer facade for stuff like this. OBMorphicPlatform might be a good place, but it might also be a good idea to have a separate facade for things that are only needed for testing. I'd like to avoid just tweaking Squeak to look like Pharo, since OB runs on more than just the two platforms.

Colin