The Inbox: Morphic-dtl.1397.mcz

commits-2
David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Morphic-dtl.1397.mcz

Name: Morphic-dtl.1397
Author: dtl
Time: 18 February 2018, 7:47:52.917246 pm
UUID: e43a00c9-b146-4838-b631-d0210ddb934b
Ancestors: Morphic-dtl.1396

Implement Rectangle>>innerBounds to support morphic geometry calculations, e.g. for flap layout positioning. Allows flaps in a Worldlet to function properly.

=============== Diff against Morphic-dtl.1396 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Rectangle>>innerBounds (in category '*Morphic') -----
+ innerBounds
+ "Return the inner rectangle enclosed by the bounds of this rectangle or
+ morph. A rectangle may represent an interior region of a morph."
+
+ ^ self
+ !

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-dtl.1397.mcz

Nicolas Cellier
Hi Dave, Bob,
This does not sound right to my ears.
It's like some Rectangles were outrepassing their responsibility.
Simple objects, simple responsibilities. Let's not bend this precious principle to make bad code works.
Bending and twisting is easy. It's a good recipe for making a big ball of knots. Undoing the knots once the system is blocked and a feature can't be added without a long query or will break two other features if a refactoring is necessary is far less easy. Who is going to undo the knots?

Le 19 févr. 2018 01:48, <[hidden email]> a écrit :
David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Morphic-dtl.1397.mcz

Name: Morphic-dtl.1397

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-dtl.1397.mcz

Stéphane Rollandin
> Looks strange. :-) We should fix the code that tries to call
> #innerBounds on a non-morph object.

Definitely.

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-dtl.1397.mcz

David T. Lewis
On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 02:04:24PM +0100, St??phane Rollandin wrote:
> >Looks strange. :-) We should fix the code that tries to call
> >#innerBounds on a non-morph object.
>
> Definitely.

Thannks Nicolas, Marcel, and Stef.

I will not move this one to trunk.

But as long as I have your attention, would you mind taking a look at
Morphic-dtl.1396, also in the inbox? It is important for world-in-world
situations, and the change affects the redraw cycle so I want to make
sure I have it right.

Thanks,
Dave