The Inbox: Morphic-kfr.1619.mcz

commits-2
A new version of Morphic was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Morphic-kfr.1619.mcz

Name: Morphic-kfr.1619
Author: kfr
Time: 19 January 2020, 2:32:53.143611 pm
UUID: c27f60fe-1f68-5d42-9593-cb364154f557
Ancestors: Morphic-cmm.1618

Change for layout policy of TextMorph embedded int PluggableTextMorph. A long text would over-shoot and not wrap at the right edge of a window.

This test show the problem.

((Workspace new contents: 'A quite long sentence that must wrap at the end of the window. It should wrap the line and not continue out the side of the window and not be readable.' )
                embeddedInMorphicWindowLabeled: 'A test window') setWindowColor: Color veryLightGray;
                 openInWorld

=============== Diff against Morphic-cmm.1618 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: PluggableTextMorph>>initializeTextMorph (in category 'initialization') -----
  initializeTextMorph

  textMorph := self textMorphClass new
  margins: (3@0 corner: 0@0);
  setEditView: self;
+ hResizing: #spaceFill;
- hResizing: #shrinkWrap;
  vResizing: #shrinkWrap;
  setProperty: #indicateKeyboardFocus toValue: #never;
  yourself.!

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-kfr.1619.mcz

Karl Ramberg
This change is probably wrong since we need the TextMorph to be as wide as underlying text demands,
and then use horizontal scrolling.

What we need here is soft wrapping, which there is a preference for in PluggableTextMorph>>softLineWrap.
But that doesn't work.
I have also tested with different settings for autoFit and wrapFlag when initializing the text morph.
TextMorph wrapFlag and autoFit seems broken at the moment.

Best,
Karl