The Inbox: Morphic-kfr.908.mcz

commits-2
A new version of Morphic was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Morphic-kfr.908.mcz

Name: Morphic-kfr.908
Author: kfr
Time: 19 April 2015, 4:35:04.246 pm
UUID: 0ec7f662-2f9e-0948-9ca4-9a67043af0a3
Ancestors: Morphic-kfr.907, Morphic-kfr.900

Changes to access several menu colors etc. via preference browser

=============== Diff against Morphic-kfr.907 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: DockingBarMorph>>setDefaultParameters (in category 'initialize-release') -----
  setDefaultParameters
  "private - set the default parameter using Preferences as the inspiration source"
  | colorFromMenu worldColor menuColor menuBorderColor |
  colorFromMenu := Preferences menuColorFromWorld
  and: [Display depth > 4
  and: [(worldColor := self currentWorld color) isColor]].
  ""
  menuColor := colorFromMenu
  ifTrue: [worldColor luminance > 0.7
  ifTrue: [worldColor mixed: 0.85 with: Color black]
  ifFalse: [worldColor mixed: 0.4 with: Color white]]
+ ifFalse: [MenuMorph menuColor].
- ifFalse: [Preferences menuColor].
  ""
  menuBorderColor := Preferences menuAppearance3d
  ifTrue: [#raised]
  ifFalse: [colorFromMenu
  ifTrue: [worldColor muchDarker]
+ ifFalse: [MenuMorph menuBorderColor]].
- ifFalse: [Preferences menuBorderColor]].
  ""
  self
  setColor: menuColor
+ borderWidth: MenuMorph menuBorderWidth
- borderWidth: Preferences menuBorderWidth
  borderColor: menuBorderColor!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: FillInTheBlankMorph>>setDefaultParameters (in category 'initialization') -----
  setDefaultParameters
  "change the receiver's appareance parameters"

  | colorFromMenu worldColor menuColor |

  colorFromMenu := Preferences menuColorFromWorld
  and: [Display depth > 4
  and: [(worldColor := self currentWorld color) isColor]].

  menuColor := colorFromMenu
  ifTrue: [worldColor luminance > 0.7
  ifTrue: [worldColor mixed: 0.85 with: Color black]
  ifFalse: [worldColor mixed: 0.4 with: Color white]]
+ ifFalse: [MenuMorph menuColor].
- ifFalse: [Preferences menuColor].

  self color: menuColor.
+ self borderWidth: MenuMorph menuBorderWidth.
- self borderWidth: Preferences menuBorderWidth.

  Preferences menuAppearance3d ifTrue: [
  self borderStyle: BorderStyle thinGray.
  self hasDropShadow: true.

  self useSoftDropShadow
  ifFalse: [
  self
  shadowColor: (TranslucentColor r: 0.0 g: 0.0 b: 0.0 alpha: 0.666);
  shadowOffset: 1 @ 1]
  ifTrue: [
  self
  shadowColor: (TranslucentColor r: 0.0 g: 0.0 b: 0.0 alpha: 0.01);
  shadowOffset: (10@8 corner: 10@12) ]
  ]
  ifFalse: [
  | menuBorderColor |
  menuBorderColor := colorFromMenu
  ifTrue: [worldColor muchDarker]
+ ifFalse: [MenuMorph menuBorderColor].
- ifFalse: [Preferences menuBorderColor].
  self borderColor: menuBorderColor.
  ].

  self layoutInset: 3.
  !

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: HaloMorph>>drawOn: (in category 'drawing') -----
  drawOn: aCanvas
  "Draw this morph only if it has no target."
  target isNil
  ifTrue: [^ super drawOn: aCanvas].
  (Preferences showBoundsInHalo
  and: [target isWorldMorph not])
  ifTrue: [| boundsColor |
+ boundsColor := MenuMorph menuSelectionColor
- boundsColor := Preferences menuSelectionColor
  ifNil: [Color blue].
  aCanvas
  frameAndFillRectangle: self bounds
  fillColor: Color transparent
  borderWidth: 2
  borderColor:
  (boundsColor isTranslucent
  ifTrue: [boundsColor]
  ifFalse: [boundsColor alpha: 0.8])]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ListItemWrapper>>highlightingColor (in category 'accessing') -----
  highlightingColor

+ ^MenuMorph menuSelectionColor makeForegroundColor!
- ^Preferences menuSelectionColor makeForegroundColor!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MenuItemMorph>>selectionFillStyle (in category 'private') -----
  selectionFillStyle
  " Answer the fill style to use with the receiver is the selected
  element "

  | fill baseColor preferenced |
  Display depth <= 2 ifTrue: [
  ^Color gray ].
+ preferenced := MenuMorph menuSelectionColor.
- preferenced := Preferences menuSelectionColor.
  preferenced notNil ifTrue: [ ^preferenced ].
  baseColor := owner color negated.
  MenuMorph gradientMenu ifFalse: [ ^baseColor ].
  fill := GradientFillStyle ramp: {
  0.0 -> baseColor twiceLighter.
  1 -> baseColor twiceDarker }.
  fill origin: self topLeft.
  ^ fill!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MenuLineMorph>>drawOn: (in category 'drawing') -----
  drawOn: aCanvas
  | baseColor |
  baseColor := Preferences menuColorFromWorld
  ifTrue: [owner color twiceDarker]
  ifFalse: [Preferences menuAppearance3d
  ifTrue: [owner color]
+ ifFalse: [MenuMorph menuLineColor]].
- ifFalse: [Preferences menuLineColor]].
  Preferences menuAppearance3d
  ifTrue: [
  aCanvas
  fillRectangle: (bounds topLeft corner: bounds rightCenter)
  color: baseColor twiceDarker.

  aCanvas
  fillRectangle: (bounds leftCenter corner: bounds bottomRight)
  color: baseColor twiceLighter]
  ifFalse: [
  aCanvas
  fillRectangle: (bounds topLeft corner: bounds bottomRight)
  color: baseColor]!

Item was changed:
  AlignmentMorph subclass: #MenuMorph
  instanceVariableNames: 'defaultTarget selectedItem stayUp popUpOwner activeSubMenu'
+ classVariableNames: 'CloseBoxImage CloseBoxImageFlat CloseBoxImageGradient GradientMenu MenuBorderColor MenuBorderWidth MenuColor MenuLineColor MenuSelectionColor MenuTitleBorderColor MenuTitleBorderWidth MenuTitleColor PushPinImage RoundedMenuCorners'
- classVariableNames: 'CloseBoxImage CloseBoxImageFlat CloseBoxImageGradient GradientMenu PushPinImage RoundedMenuCorners'
  poolDictionaries: ''
  category: 'Morphic-Menus'!

  !MenuMorph commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
  Instance variables:
  defaultTarget <Object> The default target for creating menu items
  selectedItem <MenuItemMorph> The currently selected item in the receiver
  stayUp <Boolean> True if the receiver should stay up after clicks
  popUpOwner <MenuItemMorph> The menu item that automatically invoked the receiver, if any.
  activeSubMenu <MenuMorph> The currently active submenu.!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuBorderColor (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuBorderColor
+
+ <preference: 'menuBorderColor'
+ category: #menus
+ type: #Color>
+ Display depth <= 2 ifTrue: [^ Color black].
+ ^MenuBorderColor ifNil: [(Color r: 0.2 g: 0.3 b: 0.9)]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuBorderColor: (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuBorderColor: aColor
+ MenuBorderColor := aColor!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuBorderWidth (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuBorderWidth
+ <preference: 'menuBorderWidth'
+ category: #menus
+ type: #Number>
+ ^MenuBorderWidth ifNil: [2]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuBorderWidth: (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuBorderWidth: anInteger
+ MenuBorderWidth := anInteger!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuColor (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuColor
+ <preference: 'menuColor'
+ category: #menus
+ type: #Color>
+ Display depth <= 2 ifTrue: [^ Color black].
+ ^MenuColor ifNil: [(Color r: 0.9 g: 0.9 b: 0.9)]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuColor: (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuColor: aColor
+ MenuColor := aColor!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuLineColor (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuLineColor
+ <preference: 'menuLineColor'
+ category: #menus
+ type: #Color>
+ ^MenuLineColor ifNil: [(Color r: 0.6 g: 0.7 b: 1)]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuLineColor: (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuLineColor: aColor
+ MenuLineColor := aColor!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuSelectionColor (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuSelectionColor
+ <preference: 'menuSelectionColor'
+ category: #menus
+ type: #Color>
+ Display depth <= 2 ifTrue: [^ Color black].
+ ^MenuSelectionColor ifNil: [(Color r: 0.4 g: 0.5 b: 0.7)]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuSelectionColor: (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuSelectionColor: aColor
+ MenuSelectionColor := aColor!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuTitleBorderColor (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuTitleBorderColor
+ <preference: 'menuTitleBorderColor'
+ category: #menus
+ type: #Color>
+ Display depth <= 2 ifTrue: [^ Color black].
+ ^MenuTitleBorderColor ifNil: [(Color r: 0.6 g: 0.7 b: 1)]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuTitleBorderColor: (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuTitleBorderColor: aColor
+ MenuTitleBorderColor := aColor!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuTitleBorderWidth (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuTitleBorderWidth
+ <preference: 'menuTitleBorderWidth'
+ category: #menus
+ type: #Number>
+ ^MenuTitleBorderWidth ifNil: [0]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuTitleBorderWidth: (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuTitleBorderWidth: anInteger
+ MenuTitleBorderWidth := anInteger!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuTitleColor (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuTitleColor
+ <preference: 'menuTitleColor'
+ category: #menus
+ type: #Color>
+ Display depth = 1 ifTrue: [^ Color white].
+ Display depth = 2 ifTrue: [^ Color gray].
+ ^MenuTitleColor ifNil: [ Color transparent]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MenuMorph class>>menuTitleColor: (in category 'preferences') -----
+ menuTitleColor: aColor
+ MenuTitleColor := aColor!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MenuMorph>>setDefaultParameters (in category 'initialization') -----
  setDefaultParameters
  "change the receiver's appareance parameters"

  | colorFromMenu worldColor menuColor |

  colorFromMenu := Preferences menuColorFromWorld
  and: [Display depth > 4
  and: [(worldColor := self currentWorld color) isColor]].

  menuColor := colorFromMenu
  ifTrue: [worldColor luminance > 0.7
  ifTrue: [worldColor mixed: 0.85 with: Color black]
  ifFalse: [worldColor mixed: 0.4 with: Color white]]
+ ifFalse: [self class menuColor].
- ifFalse: [Preferences menuColor].

  self color: menuColor.
+ self borderWidth: self class menuBorderWidth.
- self borderWidth: Preferences menuBorderWidth.

  Preferences menuAppearance3d ifTrue: [
  self borderStyle: BorderStyle thinGray.
  self hasDropShadow: true.

  self useSoftDropShadow
  ifFalse: [
  self
  shadowColor: (TranslucentColor r: 0.0 g: 0.0 b: 0.0 alpha: 0.666);
  shadowOffset: 1 @ 1]
  ifTrue: [
  self
  shadowColor: (TranslucentColor r: 0.0 g: 0.0 b: 0.0 alpha: 0.01);
  shadowOffset: (10@8 corner: 10@12) ]
  ]
  ifFalse: [
  | menuBorderColor |
  menuBorderColor := colorFromMenu
  ifTrue: [worldColor muchDarker]
+ ifFalse: [self class menuBorderColor].
- ifFalse: [Preferences menuBorderColor].
  self borderColor: menuBorderColor.
  ].

  self layoutInset: 3.
  !

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MorphHierarchyListMorph>>createContainer (in category 'private') -----
  createContainer
  "Private - Create a container"
  | container |
  container := BorderedMorph new.
  container extent: (World extent * (1 / 4 @ (2 / 3))) rounded.
  container layoutPolicy: TableLayout new.
  container hResizing: #rigid.
  container vResizing: #rigid.
  container
+ setColor: MenuMorph menuColor
+ borderWidth: MenuMorph menuBorderWidth
+ borderColor: MenuMorph menuBorderColor.
- setColor: Preferences menuColor
- borderWidth: Preferences menuBorderWidth
- borderColor: Preferences menuBorderColor.
  container layoutInset: 0.
  "container useRoundedCorners."
  ""
  container setProperty: #morphHierarchy toValue: true.
  container setNameTo: 'Objects Hierarchy' translated.
  ""
  ^ container!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SelectionMorph>>defaultBorderColor (in category 'initialization') -----
  defaultBorderColor
  "answer the default border color/fill style for the receiver"
+ ^ ( MenuMorph menuSelectionColor ifNil: [Color blue]) twiceDarker alpha: 0.75!
- ^ (Preferences menuSelectionColor ifNil: [Color blue]) twiceDarker alpha: 0.75!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SelectionMorph>>defaultColor (in category 'initialization') -----
  defaultColor
  "answer the default color/fill style for the receiver"
+ ^ (MenuMorph menuSelectionColor ifNil: [Color blue]) alpha: 0.08
- ^ (Preferences menuSelectionColor ifNil: [Color blue]) alpha: 0.08
  !

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SimpleHierarchicalListMorph>>drawOn: (in category 'drawing') -----
  drawOn: aCanvas
  super drawOn: aCanvas.
  selectedMorph
  ifNotNil: [aCanvas
  fillRectangle: (((scroller transformFrom: self)
  invertBoundsRect: selectedMorph bounds)
  intersect: scroller bounds)
+ color: MenuMorph menuSelectionColor].
- color: Preferences menuSelectionColor].
  self drawLinesOn: aCanvas!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SystemProgressBarMorph>>initialize (in category 'initialization') -----
  initialize
  super initialize.

  self
  borderWidth: 0;
+ color: MenuMorph menuColor muchLighter.
- color: Preferences menuColor muchLighter.

  barSize := 0.
  !

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SystemProgressMorph>>setDefaultParameters (in category 'initialization') -----
  setDefaultParameters
  "change the receiver's appareance parameters"

  | colorFromMenu worldColor menuColor |

  colorFromMenu := Preferences menuColorFromWorld
  and: [Display depth > 4
  and: [(worldColor := self currentWorld color) isColor]].

  menuColor := colorFromMenu
  ifTrue: [worldColor luminance > 0.7
  ifTrue: [worldColor mixed: 0.85 with: Color black]
  ifFalse: [worldColor mixed: 0.4 with: Color white]]
+ ifFalse: [MenuMorph menuColor].
- ifFalse: [Preferences menuColor].

  self color: menuColor.

  MenuMorph roundedMenuCorners
  ifTrue: [self useRoundedCorners].
[...]

  updateColor: self
  color: self color
  intensity: 1.!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SystemWindow class>>updatePreferences (in category 'initializing') -----
  updatePreferences
  "Temporary method to update system-wide preferences"
  Preferences installNormalWindowColors.

  Preferences setPreference: #menuAppearance3d toValue: true.
  (Preferences preferenceAt: #menuAppearance3d) defaultValue: true.

  Preferences setPreference: #menuColorFromWorld toValue: false.
  (Preferences preferenceAt: #menuColorFromWorld) defaultValue: false.

  MenuMorph roundedMenuCorners: false.

+ MenuMorph menuColor: (Color gray: 0.9).
+ MenuMorph menuTitleColor: (Color transparent).
+ MenuMorph menuTitleBorderWidth: 0.
+ Preferences
+ setParameter: #defaultWorldColor
+ to: (Color gray: 0.25).
- Preferences setParameter: #menuColor to: (Color gray: 0.9).
- Preferences setParameter: #menuTitleColor to: (Color transparent).
- Preferences setParameter: #menuTitleBorderWidth to: 0.
- Preferences setParameter: #defaultWorldColor to: (Color gray: 0.25).

  Preferences setPreference: #showSplitterHandles toValue: false.
  (Preferences preferenceAt: #showSplitterHandles) defaultValue: true.

  Preferences setPreference: #showSharedFlaps toValue: false.
  (Preferences preferenceAt: #showSharedFlaps) defaultValue: false.

  CornerGripMorph drawCornerResizeHandles: false.
  FillInTheBlankMorph roundedDialogCorners: true.

  LazyListMorph
  listSelectionColor: LazyListMorph listSelectionColor;
  listSelectionTextColor: Color black.
  PluggableButtonMorph roundedButtonCorners: true.
  SystemWindow
  clickOnLabelToEdit: false;
  doubleClickOnLabelToExpand: true;
  moveMenuButtonRight: true;
  hideExpandButton: false.!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SystemWindow>>openInWorldExtent: (in category 'open/close') -----
  openInWorldExtent: extent
  "This msg and its callees result in the window being activeOnlyOnTop"
  ^ self openInWorld: self currentWorld extent: extent!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: TheWorldMainDockingBar>>colorIcon: (in category 'private') -----
  colorIcon: aColor

  "Guess if 'uniform window colors' are used and avoid all icons to be just gray"
  (aColor = Preferences uniformWindowColor or: [Preferences tinyDisplay]) ifTrue: [ ^nil ].
  ^(aColor iconOrThumbnailOfSize: 14)
+ borderWidth: 3 color: MenuMorph menuColor muchDarker;
- borderWidth: 3 color: Preferences menuColor muchDarker;
  borderWidth: 2 color: Color transparent!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: TheWorldMainDockingBar>>createDockingBar (in category 'construction') -----
  createDockingBar
  "Create a docking bar from the receiver's representation"

  | dockingBar |
  dockingBar := DockingBarMorph new
  adhereToTop;
+ color: MenuMorph menuColor;
- color: Preferences menuColor;
  gradientRamp: self gradientRamp;
  autoGradient: MenuMorph gradientMenu;
  borderWidth: 0.
  self fillDockingBar: dockingBar.
  self labelIfNeeded: dockingBar.
  ^ dockingBar!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: TheWorldMainDockingBar>>gradientRamp (in category 'private') -----
  gradientRamp

  ^{
  0.0 -> Color white.
+ 1.0 -> MenuMorph menuColor darker }!
- 1.0 -> Preferences menuColor darker }!

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-kfr.908.mcz

marcel.taeumel (old)
Why inbox? :)

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-kfr.908.mcz

Karl Ramberg
I was a little unsure how this change worked out.
Pragma-preferences adds a lot of class variables and that seemed a little suspicious.

Also the menu coloring scheme has quite a few layers with different looks, so I thought it would be best to test this a little before putting it in trunk.

Karl

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Why inbox? :)

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-kfr.908.mcz

Chris Muller-3

I'll try it in my image today, thanks Karl!

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-kfr.908.mcz

Chris Muller-3
This looks like quite a bit more than menu colors -- I'm seeing six
new inst-vars in EventHandler..

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 12:29 PM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was a little unsure how this change worked out.
> Pragma-preferences adds a lot of class variables and that seemed a little
> suspicious.
>
> Also the menu coloring scheme has quite a few layers with different looks,
> so I thought it would be best to test this a little before putting it in
> trunk.
>
> Karl
>

> On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Marcel Taeumel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Why inbox? :)
>>
>> Best,
>> Marcel

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-kfr.908.mcz

marcel.taeumel (old)
This was me. ;)

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-kfr.908.mcz

Karl Ramberg
A few notes:
I noticed that menuTitleBorderColor, menuTitleBorderWidth and menuTitleColor does not seem to change anything.

Gradient menus are on by default and you can only change 1 of the gradient colors.

3d menu preference is in charge of menu border width and color until you turn that off.

The DockingBar must be turned off and on again before it updates new settings.

But I think is generally good to bring as many preferences as possible into the PreferenceBrowser,

Karl

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 7:21 PM, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
This was me. ;)

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-kfr.908.mcz

Chris Muller-3
Oops, yes, I hadn't updated my image today yet.  Now I see just Karl's
new menu preferences..

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 1:18 PM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A few notes:
> I noticed that menuTitleBorderColor, menuTitleBorderWidth and menuTitleColor
> does not seem to change anything.
>
> Gradient menus are on by default and you can only change 1 of the gradient
> colors.
>
> 3d menu preference is in charge of menu border width and color until you
> turn that off.
>
> The DockingBar must be turned off and on again before it updates new
> settings.
>

> But I think is generally good to bring as many preferences as possible into
> the PreferenceBrowser,

+1 for these into trunk.  These preferences are necessary if we want
to allow truly custom looks (and hopefully a variety of Themes
eventually).

Re: The Inbox: Morphic-kfr.908.mcz

Karl Ramberg
Thanks,