The Inbox: Multilingual-cbc.200.mcz

commits-2
A new version of Multilingual was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Multilingual-cbc.200.mcz

Name: Multilingual-cbc.200
Author: cbc
Time: 14 August 2014, 1:32:39.389 pm
UUID: 82f3111f-cca2-2941-9d64-1a9132c45dae
Ancestors: Multilingual-ul.199

Set the variable wantsLineEndConversions to true (in MultiByteFileStream initialize) if the platform line endings are no #cr.
This results in default file writing to convert all #cr to whatever the default is for that platform.  On platforms where #cr is the default, it does no conversions.

=============== Diff against Multilingual-ul.199 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MultiByteFileStream>>initialize (in category 'initialize-release') -----
  initialize

  super initialize.
+ wantsLineEndConversion := (LineEndDefault = #cr) not.
- wantsLineEndConversion := false.
  self initializeConverter!

Re: The Inbox: Multilingual-cbc.200.mcz

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Thu, 14 Aug 2014, [hidden email] wrote:

> A new version of Multilingual was added to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Multilingual-cbc.200.mcz

> Name: Multilingual-cbc.200
> Author: cbc
> Time: 14 August 2014, 1:32:39.389 pm
> UUID: 82f3111f-cca2-2941-9d64-1a9132c45dae
> Ancestors: Multilingual-ul.199
>
> Set the variable wantsLineEndConversions to true (in MultiByteFileStream initialize) if the platform line endings are no #cr.
> This results in default file writing to convert all #cr to whatever the default is for that platform.  On platforms where #cr is the default, it does no conversions.

I'm pretty sure that it's intentional that no conversion is set by
default. MultiByteFileStream is the default FileStream now, while
CrLfFileStream is (was) a special stream. MultiByteFileStream can convert
line endings if you tell them that you want it to, otherwise it'll behave
like the old StandardFileStream.

Levente

cbc

Re: The Inbox: Multilingual-cbc.200.mcz

cbc
Yes but in the olden days you could set the CrLfFileStream as the default and work that way. This is no longer supported

Maybe we need a CrLfMultiByteFileStream to allow that old way of doing things?  I would really like to Not have to force everything that I code to force it to use encilodings - especially if it is odd like CrLf - you probably wouldn't like that showing up in the middle of tools someday.

-CBC

Sent from my iPhone