The Inbox: PreferenceBrowser-kfr.58.mcz

commits-2
A new version of PreferenceBrowser was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/PreferenceBrowser-kfr.58.mcz

Name: PreferenceBrowser-kfr.58
Author: kfr
Time: 3 January 2016, 6:13:14.444 pm
UUID: e5f58d19-2c9a-4e05-b58d-0b7ade0be73f
Ancestors: PreferenceBrowser-kfr.57

Fix for updating color when using the NewColorPickerMorph

=============== Diff against PreferenceBrowser-kfr.57 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: PBColorPreferenceView>>changeColor: (in category 'user interface') -----
  changeColor: aButton
+ NewColorPickerMorph useIt
+ ifTrue:
+ [ (NewColorPickerMorph
+ on: self
+ originalColor: aButton color
+ setColorSelector: #setButtonColor:) openNear: aButton fullBoundsInWorld ]
+ ifFalse:
+ [ ColorPickerMorph new
+ choseModalityFromPreference ;
+ sourceHand: aButton activeHand ;
+ target: self ;
+ selector: #setButtonColor: ;
+ originalColor: aButton color ;
+
+ putUpFor: aButton
+ near: aButton fullBoundsInWorld ] !
- aButton changeColor.
- self preference preferenceValue: aButton fillStyle.
- button label: self preference preferenceValue asString.
- self adjustLabelColor !

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: PBColorPreferenceView>>setButtonColor: (in category 'user interface') -----
+ setButtonColor: aColor
+ button color: aColor.
+ self preference preferenceValue: aColor.
+ button label: self preference preferenceValue asString.
+ self adjustLabelColor
+ !

Re: The Inbox: PreferenceBrowser-kfr.58.mcz

marcel.taeumel
Uh, nice. You did not have to adapt the color picker for that?

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Inbox: PreferenceBrowser-kfr.58.mcz

Karl Ramberg

This is copy paste from SystemWindow :-)

But as for changes to NewColorPickerMorph:

I think the color picker need a cancel button
And ability to pick up colors from outside the color picker

Best,
Karl

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 6:51 PM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Uh, nice. You did not have to adapt the color picker for that?

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Inbox: PreferenceBrowser-kfr.58.mcz

Chris Muller-3
> But as for changes to NewColorPickerMorph:
>
> I think the color picker need a cancel button

-1.  Maybe an "Undo" or "Previous Color" button, but not a Cancel
button.  Morphic is supposed to be in-place manipulation.

+1

Re: The Inbox: PreferenceBrowser-kfr.58.mcz

Karl Ramberg
The button need to make it clear if you what to keep the changes you have made to the color.

We have 'accept'and 'cancel' for text/ code.
I like these.

The paint editor has 'keep' and 'toss'
Toss is ambiguous, since it's unclear if I toss the whole painting or just the change I made.

Best,
Karl

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 11:52 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> But as for changes to NewColorPickerMorph:
>
> I think the color picker need a cancel button

-1.  Maybe an "Undo" or "Previous Color" button, but not a Cancel
button.  Morphic is supposed to be in-place manipulation.

> And ability to pick up colors from outside the color picker

+1

Re: The Inbox: PreferenceBrowser-kfr.58.mcz

Karl Ramberg
Also the ObjectProperties (obtained by shift-click color handle) have 'accept' and 'cancel'

Best,
Karl