The Inbox: Tests-dtl.312.mcz

commits-2
David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of Tests to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Tests-dtl.312.mcz

Name: Tests-dtl.312
Author: dtl
Time: 8 March 2015, 2:18:09.639 pm
UUID: fc56f2ba-15d2-4264-a9e6-6faf41650536
Ancestors: Tests-eem.311

FileStream>>testFileSizeWithSharedFileStreams illustrates a problem that is exhibited on some platforms (notably recent Ubuntu).

=============== Diff against Tests-eem.311 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: FileStreamTest>>testFileSizeWithSharedFileStreams (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
+ testFileSizeWithSharedFileStreams
+ "If two file streams are opened on the same file, then we expect the operating system
+ to report the file size correctly for either of the two file streams. Some platform runtime
+ libraries will not honor that convention unless data has been explicitly flushed. This test
+ will fail if the platform runtime requires an explicit flush. Recent Ubuntu systems are known
+ to exhibit this problem."
+
+ | fileName fs1 fs2 |
+ fileName := 'TruncationTest.tmp'.
+ [ fs1 := FileStream fileNamed: fileName.
+ fs1 nextPutAll: '1234567890'.
+ self assert: 10 equals: fs1 size.
+ fs2 := FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: fileName.
+ self assert: 10 equals: fs2 size.
+ ] ensure: [
+ fs1 close.
+ fs2 close.
+ FileDirectory default deleteFileNamed: fileName.
+ ].
+ !

Re: The Inbox: Tests-dtl.312.mcz

David T. Lewis
On Sun, Mar 08, 2015 at 07:18:16PM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of Tests to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Tests-dtl.312.mcz

> Name: Tests-dtl.312
> Author: dtl
> Time: 8 March 2015, 2:18:09.639 pm
> UUID: fc56f2ba-15d2-4264-a9e6-6faf41650536
> Ancestors: Tests-eem.311
>
> FileStream>>testFileSizeWithSharedFileStreams illustrates a problem that is exhibited on some platforms (notably recent Ubuntu).

This is moved to the treated inbox since the correct fix is now in Kernel-ul.910.mcz

Dave