The Inbox: Tools-LM.828.mcz

12

Re: implicit values (was "The Inbox: Tools-LM.828.mcz")

Bert Freudenberg
On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 14:33 Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
should String>>#asString remain as:

    ^ self

?

Yes.

- Bert -

Re: implicit values (was "The Inbox: Tools-LM.828.mcz")

Edgar De Cleene
On 14/08/2018, 18:32, "Chris Muller" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I believe Squeak can go so much further when
intelligent-but-illiterate people
> can read the code.

+1

Edgar
@morplenauta

Re: The Inbox: Tools-LM.828.mcz

K K Subbu
On Tuesday 14 August 2018 01:20 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:
> Seriously, there is a flaw in the teaching if your figures are right.
> Literacy is important.  Brevity is important. Idiom is important.
> And knowing what the basic elements of the language are is important.
> That [] value == nil is true is important.

Should we add a section to Squeak Help where such idioms can be
preserved and tracked?

I thought of adding it to Terse Guide to Squeak, but this guide is
already large. I also the one page version better when I could take it
all in one glance but that's just me :-(.

Regards .. Subbu

Re: The Inbox: Tools-LM.828.mcz

Hannes Hirzel
On 8/15/18, K K Subbu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 August 2018 01:20 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>> Seriously, there is a flaw in the teaching if your figures are right.
>> Literacy is important.  Brevity is important. Idiom is important.
>> And knowing what the basic elements of the language are is important.
>> That [] value == nil is true is important.
>
> Should we add a section to Squeak Help where such idioms can be
> preserved and tracked?

+1

> I thought of adding it to Terse Guide to Squeak, but this guide is
> already large. I also the one page version better

+1

when I could take it
> all in one glance but that's just me :-(.
>
> Regards .. Subbu

12