The Inbox: XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz

commits-2
A new version of XML-Parser was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz

Name: XML-Parser-cbc.41
Author: cbc
Time: 6 February 2017, 9:55:05.728517 am
UUID: b80148cc-7082-b549-afaf-d53bcdc98930
Ancestors: XML-Parser-monty.40

Added missing #applyLanguageInformation: to String and ByteString (and gutted versions of #applyLanguageInfomation: to same locations, forwarding on to correctly spelled variants, as implied in version .40 previosly).

=============== Diff against XML-Parser-monty.40 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: ByteString>>applyLanguageInfomation: (in category '*xml-parser') -----
+ applyLanguageInfomation: languageEnvironment
+ "Fixed spelling"
+ ^self applyLanguageInformation: languageEnvironment!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: ByteString>>applyLanguageInformation: (in category '*xml-parser') -----
+ applyLanguageInformation: languageEnvironment
+ !

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: String>>applyLanguageInfomation: (in category '*xml-parser') -----
  applyLanguageInfomation: languageEnvironment
+ "Fixed spelling"
+ ^self applyLanguageInformation: languageEnvironment!
- "this is here for backwards compatibility but now just forwards to the
- correctly-spelled version defined directly on String and ByteString"
- self applyLanguageInformation: languageEnvironment!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: String>>applyLanguageInformation: (in category '*xml-parser') -----
+ applyLanguageInformation: languageEnvironment
+
+ | leadingChar |
+ leadingChar := languageEnvironment leadingChar.
+ self withIndexDo: [:each :idx |
+ each asciiValue > 255
+ ifTrue: [self at: idx put: (Character leadingChar: leadingChar code: each asUnicode)]]!

cbc

Fwd: The Inbox: XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz

cbc
Hi.  This needs to be put in place of  XML-Parser-monty.40.mcz.  That version is causing the trunk to not load (missing a few methods that should be there - this version adds them in, as described).

Could someone with the right authority fix this, please?

-cbc
A new version of XML-Parser was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz

Name: XML-Parser-cbc.41

Re: Fwd: The Inbox: XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz

David T. Lewis
On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 09:57:19AM -0800, Chris Cunningham wrote:
> Hi.  This needs to be put in place of  XML-Parser-monty.40.mcz.  That
> version is causing the trunk to not load (missing a few methods that should
> be there - this version adds them in, as described).
>
> Could someone with the right authority fix this, please?
>
> -cbc

Thanks Chris, I moved it to trunk. It looks like the misspelled versions of
the methods are no longer referenced in the image, but maybe external packages
still need them?

Dave

cbc

Re: Fwd: The Inbox: XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz

cbc
Maybe - I don't have any.
I just followed the original comments.  (probably should have deprecated them as well.  Hmm.)
-cbc

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 5:03 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 09:57:19AM -0800, Chris Cunningham wrote:
> Hi.  This needs to be put in place of  XML-Parser-monty.40.mcz.  That
> version is causing the trunk to not load (missing a few methods that should
> be there - this version adds them in, as described).
>
> Could someone with the right authority fix this, please?
>
> -cbc

Thanks Chris, I moved it to trunk. It looks like the misspelled versions of
the methods are no longer referenced in the image, but maybe external packages
still need them?

Dave

Re: Fwd: The Inbox: XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz

monty-3
Thanks David (and Chris), but you missed Collections-monty.714.mcz when copying the other two to the trunk, which is causing the problem. It's a 3 part fix:

1) define correctly spelled versions of the extensions directly on String and ByteString (Collections-monty.714.mcz)

2) change all senders in MOFile to the correctly spelled versions (System-monty.908.mcz)

3) change all senders in XML-Parser to the correctly spelled versions, and for backwards compatibility, leave the wrongly spelled extensions but have them just forward to the new ones (XML-Paresr-monty.40.mcz)

If MOFile is going to keep using these messages, besides correct spelling they should be defined directly on String and ByteString and not be XML-Parser extensions, otherwise XML-Parser can't be removed or replaced without breaking MOFile and preventing the installation of some packages.

> Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 at 8:03 PM
> From: "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]>
> To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers list" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [squeak-dev] Fwd:  The Inbox: XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz
>
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 09:57:19AM -0800, Chris Cunningham wrote:
> > Hi.  This needs to be put in place of  XML-Parser-monty.40.mcz.  That
> > version is causing the trunk to not load (missing a few methods that should
> > be there - this version adds them in, as described).
> >
> > Could someone with the right authority fix this, please?
> >
> > -cbc
>
> Thanks Chris, I moved it to trunk. It looks like the misspelled versions of
> the methods are no longer referenced in the image, but maybe external packages
> still need them?
>
> Dave

Re: Fwd: The Inbox: XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz

David T. Lewis
Hi Monty,

Thanks for straightening this out. I will fix it before tomorrow if no one
else gets it first. Just to confirm that I have it right, we should:

- Merge the missed changes from Collections-monty.714 into Collections.
- Resave XML-Parser back to your XML-Parser-monty.40 version.

Dave

cbc

Re: Fwd: The Inbox: XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz

cbc
One request - could you (we?  me?) mark the old spellings as deprecated as well?

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 11:50 AM, monty <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes

> Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 7:28 AM
> From: "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]>
> To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers list" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [squeak-dev] Fwd:  The Inbox: XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz
>
> Hi Monty,
>
> Thanks for straightening this out. I will fix it before tomorrow if no one
> else gets it first. Just to confirm that I have it right, we should:
>
> - Merge the missed changes from Collections-monty.714 into Collections.
> - Resave XML-Parser back to your XML-Parser-monty.40 version.
>
> Dave
>
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2017 at 11:04:06AM +0100, monty wrote:
> > Thanks David (and Chris), but you missed Collections-monty.714.mcz when copying the other two to the trunk, which is causing the problem. It's a 3 part fix:
> >
> > 1) define correctly spelled versions of the extensions directly on String and ByteString (Collections-monty.714.mcz)
> >
> > 2) change all senders in MOFile to the correctly spelled versions (System-monty.908.mcz)
> >
> > 3) change all senders in XML-Parser to the correctly spelled versions, and for backwards compatibility, leave the wrongly spelled extensions but have them just forward to the new ones (XML-Paresr-monty.40.mcz)
> >
> > If MOFile is going to keep using these messages, besides correct spelling they should be defined directly on String and ByteString and not be XML-Parser extensions, otherwise XML-Parser can't be removed or replaced without breaking MOFile and preventing the installation of some packages.
> >
> > > Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 at 8:03 PM
> > > From: "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]>
> > > To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers list" <[hidden email]>
> > > Subject: Re: [squeak-dev] Fwd:  The Inbox: XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz

> > > Thanks Chris, I moved it to trunk. It looks like the misspelled versions of
> > > the methods are no longer referenced in the image, but maybe external packages
> > > still need them?
> > >
> > > Dave

Re: Fwd: The Inbox: XML-Parser-cbc.41.mcz

David T. Lewis
Monty,

It should be fixed now.

Chris,

Sorry for mixing this up in the first place, but thanks for finding
the problem and patching my mistake.

Dave