The Trunk: EToys-fbs.105.mcz

commits-2
Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of EToys to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/EToys-fbs.105.mcz

Name: EToys-fbs.105
Author: fbs
Time: 10 August 2013, 9:32:15.946 am
UUID: 4d6d7f85-3d59-a04a-ae6f-0c5723d83749
Ancestors: EToys-fbs.104

Pull EToys-specific preferences into EToys.

=============== Diff against EToys-fbs.104 ===============

Item was changed:
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Buttons'!
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-CustomEvents'!
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Experimental'!
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Outliner'!
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Protocols'!
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Protocols-Type Vocabularies'!
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Scripting'!
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Scripting Support'!
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Scripting Tiles'!
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Stacks'!
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-StarSqueak'!
+ SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Support'!
+ SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Tests'!
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Tile Scriptors'!
  SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Widgets'!
+ SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-PreferenceBrowser'!
- SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Tests'!
- SystemOrganization addCategory: #'Etoys-Support'!

Item was added:
+ PBPreferenceView subclass: #PBColorPreferenceView
+ instanceVariableNames: ''
+ classVariableNames: ''
+ poolDictionaries: ''
+ category: 'Etoys-PreferenceBrowser'!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: PBColorPreferenceView class>>initialize (in category 'class initialization') -----
+ initialize
+ PreferenceViewRegistry ofColorPreferences register: self.!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: PBColorPreferenceView class>>unload (in category 'class initialization') -----
+ unload
+ "Unload order is not guaranteed so guard against failure"
+ [PreferenceViewRegistry ofColorPreferences unregister: self] on: Error do:[]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: PBColorPreferenceView>>colorSwatch (in category 'user interface') -----
+ colorSwatch
+ ^UpdatingRectangleMorph new
+ target: self preference;
+ getSelector: #preferenceValue;
+ putSelector: #preferenceValue:;
+ extent: 22@22;
+ setBalloonText: 'click here to change the color' translated;
+ yourself.!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: PBColorPreferenceView>>representativeButtonWithColor:inPanel: (in category 'user interface') -----
+ representativeButtonWithColor: aColor inPanel: aPreferenceBrowser
+ ^self horizontalPanel
+ layoutInset: 2;
+ color: aColor;
+ cellInset: 20;
+ cellPositioning: #center;
+ addMorphBack: (StringMorph contents: self preference name);
+ addMorphBack: self horizontalFiller;
+ addMorphBack: self colorSwatch;
+ yourself!

Item was added:
+ PBColorPreferenceView subclass: #PBWindowColorPreferenceView
+ instanceVariableNames: ''
+ classVariableNames: ''
+ poolDictionaries: ''
+ category: 'Etoys-PreferenceBrowser'!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: PBWindowColorPreferenceView class>>initialize (in category 'class initialization') -----
+ initialize
+ self viewRegistry register: self.!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: PBWindowColorPreferenceView class>>unload (in category 'class initialization') -----
+ unload
+ "Unload order is not guaranteed so guard against failure"
+ [self viewRegistry unregister: self] on: Error do:[]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: PBWindowColorPreferenceView class>>viewRegistry (in category 'class initialization') -----
+ viewRegistry
+ ^(PreferenceViewRegistry registryOf: #windowColorPreferences)
+ viewOrder: 6;
+ yourself.!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: PBWindowColorPreferenceView>>initialize (in category 'initialization') -----
+ initialize
+ super initialize.
+ self addActionTitled: 'Bright' target: Preferences selector: #installBrightWindowColors arguments: {} balloonText: 'Use standard bright colors for all windows' translated.
+ self addActionTitled: 'Pastel' target: Preferences selector: #installPastelWindowColors arguments: {} balloonText: 'Use standard pastel colors for all windows' translated.
+ self addActionTitled: 'Gray' target: Preferences selector: #installUniformWindowColors arguments: {} balloonText: 'Use gray backgrounds for all standard windows' translated.!

Re: The Trunk: EToys-fbs.105.mcz

Frank Shearar-3
On 10 August 2013 10:53,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of EToys to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/EToys-fbs.105.mcz

> Name: EToys-fbs.105
> Author: fbs
> Time: 10 August 2013, 9:32:15.946 am
> UUID: 4d6d7f85-3d59-a04a-ae6f-0c5723d83749
> Ancestors: EToys-fbs.104
>
> Pull EToys-specific preferences into EToys.
>
> =============== Diff against EToys-fbs.104 ===============

This removes one of the remaining three dependencies on EToys. We may
want to clean up the EToys side of things by moving this into an
extension package or something.

The last remaining two dependencies are:

* Presenter >> #defaultPresenterClass (which is resolved simply by
unloading EToys)
* GetText >> #appendVocabularies

I wouldn't mind some advice on how to handle the Vocabulary untangling...

frank

Re: The Trunk: EToys-fbs.105.mcz

Bert Freudenberg
On 2013-08-10, at 12:06, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> * GetText >> #appendVocabularies
>
> I wouldn't mind some advice on how to handle the Vocabulary untangling...
>
> frank

Well, the Right Thing would be to add either a registry (class var) or discovery mechanism (pragma, magic selector) to GetTextExporter so arbitrary classes can hook into it.

Short of that you could reference EToyVocabulary by name rather than directly, doing nothing if it's not present.

- Bert -