The Trunk: Environments-cwp.25.mcz

commits-2
Colin Putney uploaded a new version of Environments to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Environments-cwp.25.mcz

Name: Environments-cwp.25
Author: cwp
Time: 28 April 2013, 11:56:36.28 pm
UUID: 0117c0ea-d81e-4eff-a6d6-afd791496d6d
Ancestors: Environments-cwp.24

Use aliases for classes imported with a different name, rather than copying the class binding.

=============== Diff against Environments-cwp.24 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ClassBinding>>asBinding: (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
  asBinding: aSymbol
  ^ aSymbol == key
  ifTrue: [self]
+ ifFalse: [Alias key: aSymbol source: self]!
- ifFalse: [self class key: aSymbol value: value]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Environment>>forgetClass:logged: (in category 'classes and traits') -----
  forgetClass: aClass logged: aBool
  aBool ifTrue:
  [SystemChangeNotifier uniqueInstance
  classRemoved: aClass fromCategory: aClass category].
  self organization removeElement: aClass name.
  Smalltalk removeFromStartUpList: aClass.
  Smalltalk removeFromShutDownList: aClass.
+
+ undeclared declare: aClass name from: contents.
+
  imports forgetName: aClass name.
  exports forgetName: aClass name.
  contents removeKey: aClass name ifAbsent: [].
+ bindings removeKey: aClass name ifAbsent: [].
+
+ [undeclared at: aClass name put: nil]
+ on: AttemptToWriteReadOnlyGlobal
+ do: [:n | n resume: true].
+ !
- bindings removeKey: aClass name ifAbsent: [].!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Environment>>recompileAll (in category 'operations') -----
+ recompileAll
+ bindings removeAll.
+ self allClassesAndTraits
+ do: [:classOrTrait | classOrTrait compileAll]
+ displayingProgress:[:classOrTrait| 'Recompiling ', classOrTrait]
+
+
+ !

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Environment>>removeKey:ifAbsent: (in category 'emulating') -----
- ----- Method: Environment>>removeKey:ifAbsent: (in category 'accessing') -----
  removeKey: key ifAbsent: aBlock
  self flag: #review.
  ^ contents removeKey: key ifAbsent: aBlock!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: EnvironmentInfo>>packages (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
+ packages
+ ^ packages!

Re: The Trunk: Environments-cwp.25.mcz

Frank Shearar-3
On 29 April 2013 07:58,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Colin Putney uploaded a new version of Environments to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Environments-cwp.25.mcz

> Name: Environments-cwp.25
> Author: cwp
> Time: 28 April 2013, 11:56:36.28 pm
> UUID: 0117c0ea-d81e-4eff-a6d6-afd791496d6d
> Ancestors: Environments-cwp.24
>
> Use aliases for classes imported with a different name, rather than copying the class binding.
>
> =============== Diff against Environments-cwp.24 ===============

This or its predecessor break the Traits tests. For instance:
http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/286/testReport/junit/TraitsTests.Kernel/TraitTest/testAddAndRemoveMethodsFromSubtraits/?

I suspect it's just a case of making something Trait-y use #bindingOf:
or something? The tests seem to all fail for the same reason.

frank

Re: The Trunk: Environments-cwp.25.mcz

Colin Putney-3
On 2013-04-29, at 4:55 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 29 April 2013 07:58,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Colin Putney uploaded a new version of Environments to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Environments-cwp.25.mcz

>> Name: Environments-cwp.25
>> Author: cwp
>> Time: 28 April 2013, 11:56:36.28 pm
>> UUID: 0117c0ea-d81e-4eff-a6d6-afd791496d6d
>> Ancestors: Environments-cwp.24
>>
>> Use aliases for classes imported with a different name, rather than copying the class binding.
>>
>> =============== Diff against Environments-cwp.24 ===============
>
> This or its predecessor break the Traits tests. For instance:
> http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/286/testReport/junit/TraitsTests.Kernel/TraitTest/testAddAndRemoveMethodsFromSubtraits/?
>
> I suspect it's just a case of making something Trait-y use #bindingOf:
> or something? The tests seem to all fail for the same reason.

Yeah, something like that. Some test doesn't clean up properly, and
subsequent tests fail during setup. I suspect it's deleting a class
now moves its binding to undeclared.

I'll fix.