The Trunk: Installer-Core-cmm.378.mcz

commits-2
Chris Muller uploaded a new version of Installer-Core to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Installer-Core-cmm.378.mcz

Name: Installer-Core-cmm.378
Author: cmm
Time: 31 August 2013, 3:51:35.567 pm
UUID: 05eafe7c-dc5b-42fc-bb8b-889de99f723b
Ancestors: Installer-Core-cmm.377

- Initial sketch of our newly-modularised package hierarchy from #core, used by #system and topped with #squeakRelease for the full release image content.  Now used by ReleaseBuilder for help in building the release image.
- Fix Installer>>#unload to disableUpdatesOfPackage: unloaded packages.

=============== Diff against Installer-Core-cmm.377 ===============

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>broomMorphsBase (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>broomMorphsBase (in category 'external-packages') -----
  broomMorphsBase
  "Morph alignment user-interface tool."
  ^ { #ss3 -> 'Connectors'.
  'BroomMorphs-Base' }!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>connectors (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>connectors (in category 'external-packages') -----
  connectors
  "Connect Morphs together.  Make diagrams."
  ^ { self broomMorphsBase.
  'CGPrereqs'.
  'FSM'.
  'Connectors'.
  'ConnectorsText'.
  'ConnectorsShapes'.
  'ConnectorsTools'.
  'ConnectorsGraphLayout'.
  'BroomMorphs-Connectors' }!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>core (in category 'package-definitions') -----
+ core
+ "Approximate minimum core capable of expanding itself.  First draft"
+ ^ { #squeak -> MCMcmUpdater defaultUpdateURL asUrl path last.
+ 'Kernel'.
+ 'Collections'.
+ 'Exceptions'.
+ 'Files'.
+ 'Graphics'.
+ 'Balloon'.
+ 'Network'.
+ 'Monticello'.
+ 'Installer-Core' }!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>curvedSpaceExplorer (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>curvedSpaceExplorer (in category 'external-packages') -----
  curvedSpaceExplorer
  "Explore curved 3D spaces."
  ^ { self openGL.
  'CCSpaceExplorer' }!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>ffi (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>ffi (in category 'external-packages') -----
  ffi
  "Foreign Function Interface."
  ^ { #squeak -> 'FFI'.
  'FFI-Pools'.
  'FFI-Kernel' }!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>ffiTests (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>ffiTests (in category 'external-packages') -----
  ffiTests
  "Tests for Foreign Function Interface."
  ^ { self ffi.
  'FFI-Tests' }!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>fuel (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>fuel (in category 'external-packages') -----
  fuel
  "Serialization package."
  ^ { #ss3 -> 'Fuel'.
  'ConfigurationOfFuel' }!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>htmlValidator (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>htmlValidator (in category 'external-packages') -----
  htmlValidator
  "Validates HTML and CSS pages against W3C DTD."
+ ^ { #ss3 -> 'htmlcssparser'.
+ 'HTML' }!
- ^ { #ss -> 'htmlcssparser'.
- 'HTML-tb.37' }!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>openGL (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>openGL (in category 'external-packages') -----
  openGL
  "3D library."
  ^ { self threeDtransform.
  #krestianstvo -> 'ccse'.
  'OpenGL-Pools'.
  'OpenGL-Core'.
  'OpenGL-NameManager' }!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>osProcess (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>osProcess (in category 'external-packages') -----
  osProcess
  "Launch external executable programs."
  ^ { #ss -> 'OSProcess'.
  'OSProcess' }!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>squeakRelease (in category 'package-definitions') -----
+ squeakRelease
+ ^ { self system.
+ '311Deprecated'.
+ '39Deprecated'.
+ '45Deprecated'.
+ 'Nebraska'.
+ 'SmallLand-ColorTheme'.
+ 'ST80'.
+ 'ST80Tools'.
+ 'SystemReporter'.
+ 'Universes'.
+ 'XML-Parser' }!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>system (in category 'package-definitions') -----
+ system
+ "Packages forming the Smalltalk development system."
+ ^ { self core.
+ 'System' }!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>threeDtransform (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>threeDtransform (in category 'external-packages') -----
  threeDtransform
  ^ { self ffiTests.
  #ss -> 'CroquetGL'.
  '3DTransform' }!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>webClientCore (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>webClientCore (in category 'external-packages') -----
  webClientCore
  "Simple, compact, and easy to use HTTP client implementation from Andreas Raab."
  ^ { #ss -> 'WebClient'.
  'WebClient-Core' }!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>webClientSsp (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>webClientSsp (in category 'external-packages') -----
  webClientSsp
  "WebClient supports NTLM/SPNEGO authentication via the Microsoft SSP interface (Windows only)."
  ^ { self ffiTests.
  self webClientTests.
  'WebClient-SSP' }!

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: Installer>>webClientTests (in category 'package-definitions') -----
- ----- Method: Installer>>webClientTests (in category 'external-packages') -----
  webClientTests
  "Help documentation and tests for Web Client."
  ^ { self webClientCore.
  'WebClient-Tests'.
  'WebClient-Help' }!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: InstallerMonticello>>unload (in category 'public interface') -----
+ unload
+ (MCWorkingCopy allManagers select: [ : each | self package match: each package name ]) do:
+ [ : each | self logCR: 'Unloading ' , each package name.
+ each unload.
+ MCMcmUpdater disableUpdatesOfPackage: each package name ].
- unload
-
- (MCWorkingCopy allManagers select: [ :wc | self package match: (wc package name) ])
- do: [ :wc |
-   self logCR: 'Unloading ', wc package asString.
-   wc unload.].
  self unloadCleanUp!

Re: The Trunk: Installer-Core-cmm.378.mcz

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sat, 31 Aug 2013, [hidden email] wrote:

> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of Installer-Core to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Installer-Core-cmm.378.mcz

> Name: Installer-Core-cmm.378
> Author: cmm
> Time: 31 August 2013, 3:51:35.567 pm
> UUID: 05eafe7c-dc5b-42fc-bb8b-889de99f723b
> Ancestors: Installer-Core-cmm.377
>
> - Initial sketch of our newly-modularised package hierarchy from #core, used by #system and topped with #squeakRelease for the full release image content.  Now used by ReleaseBuilder for help in building the release image.
> - Fix Installer>>#unload to disableUpdatesOfPackage: unloaded packages.

Who will #enableUpdatesOfPackage: when the package gets reloaded?

Levente

Re: The Trunk: Installer-Core-cmm.378.mcz

Chris Muller-3
Good question.  How about from a class-side #initialize method of one
of the classes of the package being loaded?

On Wed, 4 Sep 2013, Chris Muller wrote:

> Good question.  How about from a class-side #initialize method of one
> of the classes of the package being loaded?

That would be lots of methods, and it's a lot more natural to add it to
the package loading.

Levente

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Sat, 31 Aug 2013, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of Installer-Core to project The
>>> Trunk:
>>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Installer-Core-cmm.378.mcz
>>>
>>> ==================== Summary ====================
>>>
>>> Name: Installer-Core-cmm.378
>>> Author: cmm
>>> Time: 31 August 2013, 3:51:35.567 pm
>>> UUID: 05eafe7c-dc5b-42fc-bb8b-889de99f723b
>>> Ancestors: Installer-Core-cmm.377
>>>
>>> - Initial sketch of our newly-modularised package hierarchy from #core,
>>> used by #system and topped with #squeakRelease for the full release image
>>> content.  Now used by ReleaseBuilder for help in building the release image.
>>> - Fix Installer>>#unload to disableUpdatesOfPackage: unloaded packages.
>>

>> Who will #enableUpdatesOfPackage: when the package gets reloaded?
>>

>> Levente

Re: The Trunk: Installer-Core-cmm.378.mcz

Chris Muller-3
Oh yes, that makes sense.