The Trunk: Kernel-dtl.505.mcz

commits-2
David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-dtl.505.mcz

Name: Kernel-dtl.505
Author: dtl
Time: 10 October 2010, 4:00:44.638 pm
UUID: e1cfd897-c49f-4133-b46f-89c041db1706
Ancestors: Kernel-nice.503

Remove Object>>inline: and Object>>var:declareC:
These are part of the VMMaker package and are no longer required in trunk.
(Note - replaces Kernel-dtl.504, which was posted in error)

=============== Diff against Kernel-nice.503 ===============

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Object>>inline: (in category 'translation support') -----
- inline: inlineFlag
- "For translation only; noop when running in Smalltalk."!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Object>>var:declareC: (in category 'translation support') -----
- var: varSymbol declareC: declString
- "For translation only; noop when running in Smalltalk."!

Re: The Trunk: Kernel-dtl.505.mcz

David T. Lewis
On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 08:02:41PM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
> David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-dtl.505.mcz
>

> (Note - replaces Kernel-dtl.504, which was posted in error)

Of course, this is particularly embarassing in light of Bert's excellent
attempts to make the MC posting process completely, totally, absolutely
idiot-proof. It just goes to show that a sufficiently motivated idiot
can overcome almost anything. Sorry Bert ;-)

Dave

Re: The Trunk: Kernel-dtl.505.mcz

Bert Freudenberg

On 10.10.2010, at 14:19, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 08:02:41PM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
>> David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-dtl.505.mcz
>>

>> (Note - replaces Kernel-dtl.504, which was posted in error)
>
> Of course, this is particularly embarassing in light of Bert's excellent
> attempts to make the MC posting process completely, totally, absolutely
> idiot-proof. It just goes to show that a sufficiently motivated idiot
> can overcome almost anything. Sorry Bert ;-)
>
> Dave

Well, we can add an "Are you really sure?" reminder ;)

- Bert -