The Trunk: Kernel-eem.1182.mcz

commits-2
Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-eem.1182.mcz

Name: Kernel-eem.1182
Author: eem
Time: 26 July 2018, 8:33:34.998936 pm
UUID: 4d10c2e2-c1b7-4ba0-b208-b018f0f099e9
Ancestors: Kernel-eem.1181

Add an accessor for Mutex being owned, for use in tests.

=============== Diff against Kernel-eem.1181 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: Mutex>>isOwned (in category 'testing') -----
+ isOwned
+ "Answer if the receiver is owned.  DO NOT USE THIS IN NORMAL CODE.
+ This exists for the MutexTests so they don't have to use e.g. instVarNamed:.
+ N.B. don't use notNil because that is a real send and preemptable."
+ ^nil ~~ owner!

Re: The Trunk: Kernel-eem.1182.mcz

Tobias Pape

> On 27.07.2018, at 05:33, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-eem.1182.mcz

> Name: Kernel-eem.1182
> Author: eem
> Time: 26 July 2018, 8:33:34.998936 pm
> UUID: 4d10c2e2-c1b7-4ba0-b208-b018f0f099e9
> Ancestors: Kernel-eem.1181
>
> Add an accessor for Mutex being owned, for use in tests.
>
> =============== Diff against Kernel-eem.1181 ===============
>
> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: Mutex>>isOwned (in category 'testing') -----
> + isOwned
> + "Answer if the receiver is owned.  DO NOT USE THIS IN NORMAL CODE.
> + This exists for the MutexTests so they don't have to use e.g. instVarNamed:.
> + N.B. don't use notNil because that is a real send and preemptable."

I cherish this comment. All information necessary to understand why this line is at it is is there.
Thanks!
-t