The Trunk: Kernel-nice.1387.mcz

1 message Options

The Trunk: Kernel-nice.1387.mcz

commits-2
Nicolas Cellier uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-nice.1387.mcz

Name: Kernel-nice.1387
Author: nice
Time: 15 April 2021, 2:20:34.212568 am
UUID: 523bbb98-def1-bc48-8cb0-d2a1038a180e
Ancestors: Kernel-nice.1386

Workaround recursive SyntaxErrorNotification occurring when trying to decompile broken source.

We shouldn't have broken source, but if we have, we shouldn't exhaust memory and crash the VM while trying to open a Debugger.

=============== Diff against Kernel-nice.1386 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: CompiledMethod>>decompileWithTemps (in category 'decompiling') -----
  decompileWithTemps
  "Return the decompiled parse tree that represents self, but with the temp names obtained
  either by compiling the sourcecode, or directly if the method has temps in its trailer."

  | class selector tempNames source |
  class := self methodClass ifNil: [Object].
  selector := self selector ifNil: [self defaultSelector].

  self holdsTempNames
  ifTrue: [tempNames := self tempNamesString]
  ifFalse:
  [| compiler |
  "No source file or no source (e.g. doits) and no temp names
  -- decompile without temp names "
  ((self fileIndex > 0 and: [(SourceFiles at: self fileIndex) isNil])
  or: [(source := self getSourceFromFile) isNil]) ifTrue:
  [^self decompile].
  compiler := class newCompiler.
  compiler parser encoderClass: self encoderClass.
+ tempNames := [(compiler
- tempNames := (compiler
  parse: source asString
  in: class
  notifying: nil)
  generate: CompiledMethodTrailer empty;
+ schematicTempNamesString] on: SyntaxErrorNotification do: [:ex | nil].
+ tempNames ifNil: ["broken source, give up tempNames" ^self decompile]].
- schematicTempNamesString].

  ^(self decompilerClass new withTempNames: tempNames)
  decompile: selector
  in: class
  method: self methodForDecompile!