The Trunk: KernelTests-fbs.251.mcz

commits-2
Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of KernelTests to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/KernelTests-fbs.251.mcz

Name: KernelTests-fbs.251
Author: fbs
Time: 18 May 2013, 11:23:10.344 pm
UUID: 8da479f4-14bd-464d-ba9a-8207f2c04200
Ancestors: KernelTests-dtl.250

Make meaningful error messages.

Cool kids categorise conscientiously.

=============== Diff against KernelTests-dtl.250 ===============

Item was changed:
+ ----- Method: CompiledMethodTest>>expectedFailures (in category 'testing') -----
- ----- Method: CompiledMethodTest>>expectedFailures (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
  expectedFailures

  Smalltalk isRunningCog ifTrue: [ ^super expectedFailures ].
  ^#(
  "The following two are not supported by the interpreter VM. See their comments for details"
  testPerformCanExecutelongMethodWithTemps
  testPerformInSuperclassCanExecutelongMethodWithTemps
  )!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: CompiledMethodTest>>testMethodClass (in category 'tests - accessing') -----
  testMethodClass
  | method cls |
  method := self class >> #returnTrue.
+ self assert: #returnTrue equals: method selector.
- self assert: method selector = #returnTrue.
  "now make an orphaned method by just deleting the class.
  old: #unknown
+ new semantics: return Obsolete class"
- new semantics: return Absolete class"
  Smalltalk removeClassNamed: #TUTU.
  cls := Object
  subclass: #TUTU
  instanceVariableNames: ''
  classVariableNames: ''
  poolDictionaries: ''
  category: 'KernelTests-Methods'.
  cls compile: 'foo ^ 10'.
  method := cls >> #foo.
  Smalltalk removeClassNamed: #TUTU.
+ self assert: cls equals: method methodClass description: 'methodClass after class removal'.!
- self assert: method methodClass = cls!

Re: The Trunk: KernelTests-fbs.251.mcz

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sat, 18 May 2013, [hidden email] wrote:

> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of KernelTests to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/KernelTests-fbs.251.mcz

> Name: KernelTests-fbs.251
> Author: fbs
> Time: 18 May 2013, 11:23:10.344 pm
> UUID: 8da479f4-14bd-464d-ba9a-8207f2c04200
> Ancestors: KernelTests-dtl.250
>
> Make meaningful error messages.
>
> Cool kids categorise conscientiously.
>
> =============== Diff against KernelTests-dtl.250 ===============
>
> Item was changed:
> + ----- Method: CompiledMethodTest>>expectedFailures (in category 'testing') -----

The "testing" category is usually used for methods which return a boolean
value (e.g.: #isNumber, #hasWideCharacters, #shouldPass, etc.).
I'd recategorize this method as "accessing" in all implementors.

Levente

> - ----- Method: CompiledMethodTest>>expectedFailures (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
>  expectedFailures
>
>   Smalltalk isRunningCog ifTrue: [ ^super expectedFailures ].
>   ^#(
>   "The following two are not supported by the interpreter VM. See their comments for details"
>   testPerformCanExecutelongMethodWithTemps
>   testPerformInSuperclassCanExecutelongMethodWithTemps
>   )!
>
> Item was changed:
>  ----- Method: CompiledMethodTest>>testMethodClass (in category 'tests - accessing') -----
>  testMethodClass
>   | method cls |
>   method := self class >> #returnTrue.
> + self assert: #returnTrue equals: method selector.
> - self assert: method selector = #returnTrue.
>   "now make an orphaned method by just deleting the class.
>   old: #unknown
> + new semantics: return Obsolete class"
> - new semantics: return Absolete class"
>   Smalltalk removeClassNamed: #TUTU.
>   cls := Object
>   subclass: #TUTU
>   instanceVariableNames: ''
>   classVariableNames: ''
>   poolDictionaries: ''
>   category: 'KernelTests-Methods'.
>   cls compile: 'foo ^ 10'.
>   method := cls >> #foo.
>   Smalltalk removeClassNamed: #TUTU.
> + self assert: cls equals: method methodClass description: 'methodClass after class removal'.!
> - self assert: method methodClass = cls!

Re: The Trunk: KernelTests-fbs.251.mcz

Frank Shearar-3
On 19 May 2013 15:46, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 May 2013, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of KernelTests to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/KernelTests-fbs.251.mcz

>> Name: KernelTests-fbs.251
>> Author: fbs
>> Time: 18 May 2013, 11:23:10.344 pm
>> UUID: 8da479f4-14bd-464d-ba9a-8207f2c04200
>> Ancestors: KernelTests-dtl.250
>>
>> Make meaningful error messages.
>>
>> Cool kids categorise conscientiously.
>>
>> =============== Diff against KernelTests-dtl.250 ===============
>>
>> Item was changed:
>> + ----- Method: CompiledMethodTest>>expectedFailures (in category
>> 'testing') -----
>

> The "testing" category is usually used for methods which return a boolean
> value (e.g.: #isNumber, #hasWideCharacters, #shouldPass, etc.).
> I'd recategorize this method as "accessing" in all implementors.

Sure. This is in 'testing' because that's where the autocategoriser
puts it. In other words, it's de facto 'testing' when it ought to be
de jure 'accessing'.

frank