The Trunk: MonticelloConfigurations-bf.112.mcz

The Trunk: MonticelloConfigurations-bf.112.mcz

commits-2
Bert Freudenberg uploaded a new version of MonticelloConfigurations to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/MonticelloConfigurations-bf.112.mcz

Name: MonticelloConfigurations-bf.112
Author: bf
Time: 4 May 2013, 8:19:17.367 pm
UUID: 3b23e53c-ca6e-47af-b3a1-12a73857fc22
Ancestors: MonticelloConfigurations-fbs.111

Allow moving methods and classes between packages independent of their order in the configuration.

=============== Diff against MonticelloConfigurations-fbs.111 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MCConfiguration>>depsSatisfying:versionDo:displayingProgress: (in category 'private') -----
  depsSatisfying: selectBlock versionDo: verBlock displayingProgress: progressString
+ | count selectedVersions |
- | count action |
  self cacheAllFileNamesDuring: [
+ self repositories do: [ :eachRepository |
+ MCRepositoryGroup default addRepository: eachRepository ].
+ "First, download selected versions"
+ count := 0.
+ selectedVersions := OrderedCollection new.
+ self withProgress: progressString in: self dependencies do: [ :dep | | verName repo |
+ verName := dep versionInfo name.
+ self class extraProgressInfo ifTrue:
+ [ ProgressNotification signal: '' extra: 'Downloading ' , verName ].
+ repo := self repositories
+ detect: [ :eachRepository | eachRepository includesVersionNamed: verName ]
+ ifNone: [ self logError: 'Version ' , verName , ' not found in any repository'.
+ self logError: 'Aborting'.
+ ^ count ].
+ (selectBlock value: dep) ifTrue: [ | version |
+ version := self versionNamed: verName for: dep from: repo.
+ version ifNil: [ self logError: 'Could not download version ' , verName , ' from ' , repo description.
+ self logError: 'Aborting'.
+ ^ count ].
+ dep package workingCopy newRepositoryGroupIfDefault. "fix old working copies"
+ dep package workingCopy repositoryGroup addRepository: repo.
+ selectedVersions add: version]].
+ "Then, process only those definitions that moved from one package to another, to avoid order dependence"
+ MCReorganizationPreloader preloadMovesBetween: selectedVersions.
+ "Finally, load/merge selected versions"
+ self withProgress: progressString in: selectedVersions do: [ :version |
+ self logUpdate: version package with: version.
+ self class extraProgressInfo ifTrue:
+ [ ProgressNotification signal: '' extra: 'Installing ' , version info name ].
+ verBlock value: version.
+ count := count + 1 ].
- count := 0.
- self repositories do: [ : eachRepository | MCRepositoryGroup default addRepository: eachRepository ].
- action := [ : dep | | ver repo |
- ver := dep versionInfo name.
- repo := self repositories
- detect:
- [ : eachRepository | eachRepository includesVersionNamed: ver ]
- ifNone:
- [ self logError: 'Version ' , ver , ' not found in any repository'.
- self logError: 'Aborting'.
- ^ count ].
- (selectBlock value: dep) ifTrue:
- [ | new |
- new := self
- versionNamed: ver
- for: dep
- from: repo.
- new
- ifNil:
- [ self logError: 'Could not download version ' , ver , ' from ' , repo description.
- self logError: 'Aborting'.
- ^ count ]
- ifNotNil:
- [ self
- logUpdate: dep package
- with: new.
- self class extraProgressInfo ifTrue:
- [ ProgressNotification
- signal: ''
- extra: 'Installing ' , ver ].
- verBlock value: new.
- count := count + 1 ] ].
- dep package workingCopy newRepositoryGroupIfDefault. "fix old working copies"
- dep package workingCopy repositoryGroup addRepository: repo ].
- self class extraProgressInfo
- ifTrue:
- [ self dependencies
- do: action
- displayingProgress: progressString ]
- ifFalse: [ self dependencies do: action ].
  ].
  ^ count!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MCConfiguration>>withProgress:in:do: (in category 'private') -----
+ withProgress: progressString in: aCollection do: aBlock
+ ^self class extraProgressInfo
+ ifTrue: [ aCollection do: aBlock displayingProgress: progressString ]
+ ifFalse: [ aCollection do: aBlock ]
+
+ !

Re: The Trunk: MonticelloConfigurations-bf.112.mcz

Bert Freudenberg

On 2013-05-07, at 21:07, [hidden email] wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg uploaded a new version of MonticelloConfigurations to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/MonticelloConfigurations-bf.112.mcz

> Name: MonticelloConfigurations-bf.112
> Author: bf
> Time: 4 May 2013, 8:19:17.367 pm
> UUID: 3b23e53c-ca6e-47af-b3a1-12a73857fc22
> Ancestors: MonticelloConfigurations-fbs.111
>
> Allow moving methods and classes between packages independent of their order in the configuration.

This has been sitting in the inbox for a couple of days. It's working fine for me so I decided to push it.

Now Frank should be able to move stuff freely between packages :)

Note this *only* affects things reorganized, the config map is still important for other kinds of order dependencies.

- Bert -

Re: The Trunk: MonticelloConfigurations-bf.112.mcz

Frank Shearar-3
On 7 May 2013 22:38, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2013-05-07, at 21:07, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Bert Freudenberg uploaded a new version of MonticelloConfigurations to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/MonticelloConfigurations-bf.112.mcz

>> Name: MonticelloConfigurations-bf.112
>> Author: bf
>> Time: 4 May 2013, 8:19:17.367 pm
>> UUID: 3b23e53c-ca6e-47af-b3a1-12a73857fc22
>> Ancestors: MonticelloConfigurations-fbs.111
>>
>> Allow moving methods and classes between packages independent of their order in the configuration.
>

> This has been sitting in the inbox for a couple of days. It's working fine for me so I decided to push it.
>
> Now Frank should be able to move stuff freely between packages :)
>
> Note this *only* affects things reorganized, the config map is still important for other kinds of order dependencies.

Thanks very much, Bert!

frank

On 8 May 2013 06:53, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7 May 2013 22:38, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 2013-05-07, at 21:07, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> Bert Freudenberg uploaded a new version of MonticelloConfigurations to project The Trunk:
>>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/MonticelloConfigurations-bf.112.mcz
>>>
>>> ==================== Summary ====================
>>>
>>> Name: MonticelloConfigurations-bf.112
>>> Author: bf
>>> Time: 4 May 2013, 8:19:17.367 pm
>>> UUID: 3b23e53c-ca6e-47af-b3a1-12a73857fc22
>>> Ancestors: MonticelloConfigurations-fbs.111
>>>
>>> Allow moving methods and classes between packages independent of their order in the configuration.
>>

>> This has been sitting in the inbox for a couple of days. It's working fine for me so I decided to push it.
>>
>> Now Frank should be able to move stuff freely between packages :)
>>
>> Note this *only* affects things reorganized, the config map is still important for other kinds of order dependencies.
>
> Thanks very much, Bert!

Hm, I think we need one more map update? bf.235 has Monticello loading
before MonticelloConfigurations, and that means that you get an MNU in
MCConfiguration >> #preloadMovesBetween: because
MCReorganizationPreloader is an unknown class...

frank

On 2013-05-08, at 14:21, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 8 May 2013 06:53, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> This has been sitting in the inbox for a couple of days. It's working fine for me so I decided to push it.
>>>
>>> Now Frank should be able to move stuff freely between packages :)
>>>
>>> Note this *only* affects things reorganized, the config map is still important for other kinds of order dependencies.
>>
>> Thanks very much, Bert!
>
> Hm, I think we need one more map update? bf.235 has Monticello loading
> before MonticelloConfigurations, and that means that you get an MNU in
> MCConfiguration >> #preloadMovesBetween: because
> MCReorganizationPreloader is an unknown class...
>
> frank

Err, of course, I meant to include both, Monticello  and MonticelloConfigurations ... Fixed now.

- Bert -

On 8 May 2013 13:30, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2013-05-08, at 14:21, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Thanks very much, Bert!
>>
>> Hm, I think we need one more map update? bf.235 has Monticello loading
>> before MonticelloConfigurations, and that means that you get an MNU in
>> MCConfiguration >> #preloadMovesBetween: because
>> MCReorganizationPreloader is an unknown class...
>>
>> frank
>

> Err, of course, I meant to include both, Monticello  and MonticelloConfigurations ... Fixed now.

It's not all bad - it revealed a bug in my CommandLineToolSet, where I
dumped the wrong context to stdout.

Thanks!

frank

On 8 May 2013 13:53, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 8 May 2013 13:30, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Hm, I think we need one more map update? bf.235 has Monticello loading
>>> before MonticelloConfigurations, and that means that you get an MNU in
>>> MCConfiguration >> #preloadMovesBetween: because
>>> MCReorganizationPreloader is an unknown class...
>>>
>>> frank
>>

>> Err, of course, I meant to include both, Monticello  and MonticelloConfigurations ... Fixed now.
>
> It's not all bad - it revealed a bug in my CommandLineToolSet, where I
> dumped the wrong context to stdout.
>
> Thanks!

Er, so just because I'm having a slow day, should I push out a new
config map every time I shuffle methods around?

frank

On 2013-05-21, at 17:24, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Er, so just because I'm having a slow day, should I push out a new
> config map every time I shuffle methods around?
>
> frank

No, why?

- Bert -

On 21 May 2013 17:16, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2013-05-21, at 17:24, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Er, so just because I'm having a slow day, should I push out a new
>> config map every time I shuffle methods around?
>>
>> frank
>

> No, why?

OK, good. I simply couldn't remember if I needed to, and a moment's
grepping my inbox gave me no hits so I thought I should ask. Hopefully
this time I'll remember!

frank

On 2013-05-21, at 18:20, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 21 May 2013 17:16, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 2013-05-21, at 17:24, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Er, so just because I'm having a slow day, should I push out a new
>>> config map every time I shuffle methods around?
>>>
>>> frank
>>

>> No, why?
>
> OK, good. I simply couldn't remember if I needed to, and a moment's
> grepping my inbox gave me no hits so I thought I should ask. Hopefully
> this time I'll remember!
>
> frank

This is assuming that my latest MonticelloConfigurations package was present in at least one update map - I think it was :)

- Bert -