The Trunk: MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102.mcz

The Trunk: MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102.mcz

commits-2
Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of MonticelloConfigurations to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102.mcz

Name: MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102
Author: eem
Time: 31 March 2012, 11:09:54.154 am
UUID: 86b77a9c-2aa7-4be4-a7b3-e7b9e3d4e8cb
Ancestors: MonticelloConfigurations-bf.101

Add some help text to the MCConfigurationsBrowser cuz I
always forget hot to create the current configuration.

=============== Diff against MonticelloConfigurations-bf.101 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MCConfigurationBrowser>>description (in category 'description') -----
  description
+ self selectedDependency ifNotNil:
+ [:dep |
+ ^ ('Package: ', dep package name, String cr, dep versionInfo summary) asText].
+ self selectedRepository ifNotNil:
+ [:repo |
+ ^repo creationTemplate
+ ifNotNil: [repo creationTemplate asText]
+ ifNil: [repo asCreationTemplate asText addAttribute: TextColor red]].
+ ^'A configuration is a set of particular versions of packages.  These can be used to manage multiple dependencies amongst packages when an update requires changes to multiple packages.  One stores the current configuration and then modifies the various packages needing modification.\\To create a new configuration first load the most up-to-date configuration in your repository (e.g. http://source.squeak.org/trunk), open that repository in the Monticello browser, scroll down to the "update" package, select the first entry in the list on the right hand side and click Browse, which will open the configuration in a new MCConfigurationBrowser.  Then in the new MCConfigurationBrowser click Update, and choose "update from image" from the pop-up menu.  Click Store to save back to the repository.' withCRs!
- self selectedDependency ifNotNil: [:dep | ^ ('Package: ', dep package name, String cr,
- dep versionInfo summary) asText].
- self selectedRepository ifNotNil: [:repo | ^repo creationTemplate
- ifNotNil: [repo creationTemplate asText]
- ifNil: [repo asCreationTemplate asText addAttribute: TextColor red]].
- ^ ''
- !

Re: The Trunk: MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102.mcz

David T. Lewis
On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 06:09:55PM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of MonticelloConfigurations to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102.mcz

> Name: MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102
> Author: eem
> Time: 31 March 2012, 11:09:54.154 am
> UUID: 86b77a9c-2aa7-4be4-a7b3-e7b9e3d4e8cb
> Ancestors: MonticelloConfigurations-bf.101
>
> Add some help text to the MCConfigurationsBrowser cuz I
> always forget hot to create the current configuration.

Me too. Thanks for adding the comment.

Dave

Re: The Trunk: MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102.mcz

Bert Freudenberg

On 01.04.2012, at 01:26, "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 06:09:55PM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
>> Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of MonticelloConfigurations to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102.mcz

>> Name: MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102
>> Author: eem
>> Time: 31 March 2012, 11:09:54.154 am
>> UUID: 86b77a9c-2aa7-4be4-a7b3-e7b9e3d4e8cb
>> Ancestors: MonticelloConfigurations-bf.101
>>
>> Add some help text to the MCConfigurationsBrowser cuz I
>> always forget hot to create the current configuration.
>
> Me too. Thanks for adding the comment.
>
> Dave

Should there be a mention that config maps can be used without the Trunk update mechanism, too? The comment seems to imply a single usage pattern only.

- Bert -

Re: The Trunk: MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102.mcz

Eliot Miranda-2

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 01.04.2012, at 01:26, "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 06:09:55PM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:
>> Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of MonticelloConfigurations to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102.mcz

>> Name: MonticelloConfigurations-eem.102
>> Author: eem
>> Time: 31 March 2012, 11:09:54.154 am
>> UUID: 86b77a9c-2aa7-4be4-a7b3-e7b9e3d4e8cb
>> Ancestors: MonticelloConfigurations-bf.101
>>
>> Add some help text to the MCConfigurationsBrowser cuz I
>> always forget hot to create the current configuration.
>
> Me too. Thanks for adding the comment.
>
> Dave

Should there be a mention that config maps can be used without the Trunk update mechanism, too? The comment seems to imply a single usage pattern only.

I would love for you to edit and improve upon the comment.  I just got it to the stage where it reminded me of my use case.  I'm not even sure that my description of a configuration is any good.  I'm not trying to shirk effort, just aware of my limitations.

- Bert -

--
best,
Eliot