The Trunk: Morphic-bf.751.mcz

commits-2
Bert Freudenberg uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-bf.751.mcz

Name: Morphic-bf.751
Author: bf
Time: 15 November 2014, 6:05:35.432 pm
UUID: 5fb78a95-2971-460e-88c7-99b58c3152ca
Ancestors: Morphic-topa.750, Morphic-dhn.723

Merge Morphic-dhn.723:
        Reduce cropping of SystemWindow submorphs by fullScreen

=============== Diff against Morphic-topa.750 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SystemWindow>>fullScreen (in category 'menu') -----
  fullScreen
+ "Zoom Window to full owner size, allowing for scroll bars and desk margins"
- "Zoom Window to Full World size with possible DeskMargins"
- "SystemWindow fullScreen"

  | left right possibleBounds |
  left := right := 0.
  self paneMorphs
  do: [:pane | ((pane isKindOf: ScrollPane)
  and: [pane retractableScrollBar])
  ifTrue: [pane scrollBarOnLeft
  ifTrue: [left := left max: pane scrollBarThickness]
  ifFalse: [right := right max: pane scrollBarThickness]]].
+ possibleBounds := (RealEstateAgent maximumUsableAreaInWorld: self owner)
- possibleBounds := (RealEstateAgent maximumUsableAreaInWorld: self world)
  insetBy: (left @ 0 corner: right @ 0).
  Preferences fullScreenLeavesDeskMargins
  ifTrue: [possibleBounds := possibleBounds insetBy: 22].
  self bounds: possibleBounds!

Re: The Trunk: Morphic-bf.751.mcz

marcel.taeumel (old)
Hi, Bert. :)

Looks good, except that the interface of RealEstateAgent seems now strange. Here, we make the assumption that either the owner is a world or that the selector #maximumUsableAreaInWorld: should be renamed to something more generic. In combination with "Preferences fullScreenLeavesDeskMargins" one could question such a global preference for this owner-specific implementation.

If sytem windows can be embedded in any kind of morph, the thing about desk margins should be redesigned and the interface of RealEstateAgent should be refactored.

If system windows can only be embedded into paste-up morphs, "self owner" seems semantically wrong.

Just for documentation. :)

Best,
Marcel

Morphic-dhn.723.mcz (was: Morphic-bf.751.mcz)

Bert Freudenberg
On 17.11.2014, at 12:05, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Bert. :)
>
> Looks good, except that the interface of RealEstateAgent seems now strange.
> Here, we make the assumption that either the owner is a world or that the
> selector #maximumUsableAreaInWorld: should be renamed to something more
> generic. In combination with "Preferences fullScreenLeavesDeskMargins" one
> could question such a global preference for this owner-specific
> implementation.
>
> If sytem windows can be embedded in any kind of morph, the thing about desk
> margins should be redesigned and the interface of RealEstateAgent should be
> refactored.
>
> If system windows can only be embedded into paste-up morphs, "self owner"
> seems semantically wrong.
>
> Just for documentation. :)
Go ahead and rewrite it, or at least add a "todo" comment ;)

I didn't actually write this, was simply merging Morphic-dhn.723, because it looked innocuous. Who is "dhn"?

- Bert -

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Morphic-dhn.723.mcz (was: Morphic-bf.751.mcz)

Dan Norton

>On 17.11.2014, at 12:05, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Bert. :)
>>
>> Looks good, except that the interface of RealEstateAgent seems now strange.
>> Here, we make the assumption that either the owner is a world or that the
>> selector #maximumUsableAreaInWorld: should be renamed to something more
>> generic. In combination with "Preferences fullScreenLeavesDeskMargins" one
>> could question such a global preference for this owner-specific
>> implementation.
>>
>> If sytem windows can be embedded in any kind of morph, the thing about desk
>> margins should be redesigned and the interface of RealEstateAgent should be
>> refactored.
>>
>> If system windows can only be embedded into paste-up morphs, "self owner"
>> seems semantically wrong.
>>
>> Just for documentation. :)
>
>Go ahead and rewrite it, or at least add a "todo" comment ;)
>
>I didn't actually write this, was simply merging Morphic-dhn.723, because it looked innocuous. Who is "dhn"?
>
>- Bert -

When SystemWindow is embedded in a paste-up morph other than World it will be cropped by fullScreen unless the paste-up is the same size (?) :) There are other problems with the border that I have not isolated.

I agree with the point about semantics.

How can I get my initials to be recognized in case I submit something else?

- Dan Norton  "dhn"

On 18.11.2014, at 04:25, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
Register on

        http://source.squeak.org/

This at least let's us look you up.

Additionally, you can add your initials and password to the Inbox repository in your image. If you do that, then the source server will be able to show your name with the submission (e.g. in the commit notification it posts to squeak-dev).

- Bert -

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Morphic-dhn.723.mcz (was: Morphic-bf.751.mcz)

Chris Muller-3
> How can I get my initials to be recognized in case I submit something else?

I would recommend registering your same initials on SqueakMap too.

  map.squeak.org