The Trunk: Morphic-mt.918.mcz

1 message Options

The Trunk: Morphic-mt.918.mcz

commits-2
Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-mt.918.mcz

Name: Morphic-mt.918
Author: mt
Time: 24 April 2015, 10:59:05.15 am
UUID: 0c01118b-f2dc-a94b-a5ef-5afe9e3db39c
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.917

Speed-up text typing/updating by not invalidating the layout in the whole owner chain and thus avoiding unnecessary layout re-computation.

How it works:
1. Overwride #layoutChanged and stop the propagation coming from your (sub-) morphs.
2. Start propagation if you change your own extent, because this might affect your owner's layout.

=============== Diff against Morphic-mt.917 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ScrollPane>>extent: (in category 'geometry') -----
+ extent: aPoint
- extent: newExtent

+ self handleResizeAction: [
+ | newExtent |
+ newExtent := aPoint max: self minScrollbarExtent.
+ (bounds extent closeTo: newExtent)
+ ifTrue: [false]
+ ifFalse: [
+ super extent: newExtent.
+ super layoutChanged.
+ true]].!
- | oldW oldH |
- oldW := self width.
- oldH := self height.
-
- super extent: (newExtent max: self minScrollbarExtent).
-
- "Now reset widget sizes"
- self
- resizeScrollBars;
- resizeScroller;
- hideOrShowScrollBars.
-
- "Now resetScrollDeltas where appropriate."
- self height ~~ oldH ifTrue: [self vSetScrollDelta].
- self width ~~ oldW ifTrue: [self hSetScrollDelta].
-
- !

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: ScrollPane>>handleResizeAction: (in category 'geometry') -----
+ handleResizeAction: aBlock
+ "Ensure layout properties after resizing takes place."
+
+ | oldW oldH |
+ oldW := self width.
+ oldH := self height.
+
+ aBlock value ifFalse: [^ self].
+
+ "Now reset widget sizes"
+ self
+ resizeScrollBars;
+ resizeScroller;
+ hideOrShowScrollBars.
+
+ "Now resetScrollDeltas where appropriate."
+ self height ~~ oldH ifTrue: [self vSetScrollDelta].
+ self width ~~ oldW ifTrue: [self hSetScrollDelta].!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: ScrollPane>>layoutChanged (in category 'layout') -----
+ layoutChanged
+ "Do not tell owner. We might keep our bounds."
+
+ fullBounds := nil.!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: TransformMorph>>extent: (in category 'geometry') -----
+ extent: aPoint
+ "Change my layout only if I change my extent. See my implementation of #layoutChanged."
+
+ (bounds extent closeTo: aPoint) ifTrue: [^ self].
+ super extent: aPoint.
+ super layoutChanged.!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: TransformMorph>>layoutChanged (in category 'geometry') -----
  layoutChanged

  "A submorph could have moved, thus changing my localBounds. Invalidate the cache."
  localBounds := nil.
+ "Only discard my fullBounds. Do not tell my owner."
+ fullBounds := nil.!
-
- ^super layoutChanged!