The Trunk: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.124.mcz

commits-2
Chris Muller uploaded a new version of ReleaseBuilder to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ReleaseBuilder-cmm.124.mcz

Name: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.124
Author: cmm
Time: 29 June 2015, 8:45:32.239 pm
UUID: 6044f843-3763-485a-acc4-a69b685339f7
Ancestors: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.123

- openWelcomeWorkspaces after prepareNewBuild:.
- Moved call to #setProjectBackground: to end of prepareNewBuild so it won't get undone by other initialization.
- autoEnclose has been default true in the last releases, it still should.

=============== Diff against ReleaseBuilder-cmm.123 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>openWelcomeWorkspaces (in category 'private') -----
+ openWelcomeWorkspaces
+ |offset | offset:= 50@50.
+ #('License Information' 'The Squeak User Interface' 'Working With Squeak' 'Release Notes')
+ with:  #(#licenseInformation #squeakUserInterface #workingWithSqueak #releaseNotes)
+   do: [ : eachLabel : eachAccessor |
+ TheWorldMainDockingBar instance
+ showWelcomeText: eachAccessor
+ label: eachLabel
+ in: (offset extent: 500@300).
+ offset := offset + (30@30)]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>prepareNewBuild: (in category 'scripts') -----
  prepareNewBuild: anMCRepository
  "ReleaseBuilderTrunk prepareNewBuild"
  "Prepare everything that should be done for a new image build"
  MCMcmUpdater updateMissingPackages: true.
  MCMcmUpdater enableUpdatesForAllPackages.
  TTCFont registerAll.
  RealEstateAgent standardSize: 600 @ 400.
  SystemVersion newVersion: self versionString.
  SMLoaderPlus setDefaultFilters: (OrderedCollection with: #filterSafelyAvailable).
  " Preferences outOfTheBox."  "<-- uncomment after #defaultValueTableForCurrentRelease is fixed up."
  self
  setDisplayExtent: 800 @ 600 ;
  switchToNewRepository: anMCRepository ;
  setPreferences ;  "<-- remove this after defaultValueTableForCurrentRelease is fixed up."
  checkForDirtyPackages ;
  configureDesktop.
  Smalltalk cleanUp: true.
  "Let's be explicit about clearing passwords for the publicly-consumed build."
  "clearPasswords is not very thorough, it should be improved."
  MCHttpRepository clearCredentials.
  Utilities setAuthorInitials: String empty.
  Environment allInstancesDo: [ : env | env purgeUndeclared ].
  Undeclared removeUnreferencedKeys.
  Smalltalk garbageCollect.
  [ self loadWellKnownPackages "<-- 4.5 is not ready for unloaded / reloaded packages" ].
+ Compiler recompileAll.
+ self
+ setProjectBackground: Color darkGray ;
+ openWelcomeWorkspaces!
- Compiler recompileAll!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>setPreferences46 (in category 'preferences') -----
  setPreferences46
  "Preferences class defaultValueTableForCurrentRelease"

- self setProjectBackground: Color darkGray.
-
  "General User interaction"
  Preferences
  enable: #swapMouseButtons;
  disable: #mouseOverForKeyboardFocus.
  Morph indicateKeyboardFocus: true.

  "Text input."
  TextEditor
+ autoEnclose: true ;
- autoEnclose: false ;
  autoIndent: true ;
  destructiveBackWord: false ;
  blinkingCursor: true ;
  dumbbellCursor: false.
  Preferences
  insertionPointColor: Color red.
  PluggableTextMorph simpleFrameAdornments: false.

  "Windows"
  Preferences installUniformWindowColors.
  SystemWindow reuseWindows: false.
  Model windowActiveOnFirstClick: false. "Not good for 800x600"
  Preferences
  disable: #showSplitterHandles;
  enable: #fastDragWindowForMorphic.
  CornerGripMorph drawCornerResizeHandles: false.
  ProportionalSplitterMorph
  smartHorizontalSplitters: false ;
  smartVerticalSplitters: false.

  "Scroll bars."
  Preferences
  enable: #scrollBarsNarrow;
  enable: #scrollBarsOnRight;
  disable: #alwaysHideHScrollbar;
  disable: #alwaysShowHScrollbar;
  disable: #alwaysShowVScrollbar.
  ScrollBar
  scrollBarsWithoutArrowButtons: true;
  scrollBarsWithoutMenuButton: true.
  ScrollPane
  useRetractableScrollBars: false.

  "Rounded corners."
  Morph preferredCornerRadius: 6.
  Preferences disable: #roundedWindowCorners.
  PluggableButtonMorph roundedButtonCorners: false.
  FillInTheBlankMorph roundedDialogCorners: false.
  MenuMorph roundedMenuCorners: false.
  ScrollBar roundedScrollBarLook: false.

  "Gradients."
  Preferences disable: #gradientScrollBars.
  SystemWindow gradientWindow: false.
  MenuMorph gradientMenu: false.
  PluggableButtonMorph gradientButton: false.

  "Shadows"
  Preferences enable: #menuAppearance3d.
  MenuMorph
  menuBorderWidth: 1;
  menuBorderColor: Color lightGray;
  menuLineColor: Color lightGray.
  Morph useSoftDropShadow: true..

  "Lists and Trees"
  PluggableListMorph
  filterableLists: true;
  clearFilterAutomatically: false;
  highlightHoveredRow: true;
  menuRequestUpdatesSelection: true.
  PluggableTreeMorph
  filterByLabelsOnly: false;
  maximumSearchDepth: 1.
  LazyListMorph
  listSelectionTextColor: Color black;
  listSelectionColor: (Color r: 0.72 g: 0.72 b: 0.9).

  "Standard Tools"
  BalloonMorph setBalloonColorTo:
  (TranslucentColor r: 0.92 g: 0.92 b: 0.706 alpha: 0.75).
  Workspace shouldStyle: false.
  Browser
  listClassesHierarchically: true;
  showClassIcons: true;
  showMessageIcons: true;
  sortMessageCategoriesAlphabetically: true.
  Preferences enable: #annotationPanes;
  enable: #optionalButtons;
  enable: #diffsWithPrettyPrint;
  enable: #traceMessages;
  enable: #alternativeBrowseIt;
  enable: #menuWithIcons;
  enable: #visualExplorer.
  SystemNavigation thoroughSenders: true.

  "Halo"
  Preferences
  enable: #showBoundsInHalo ;
  disable: #alternateHandlesLook.

  "System"
  NetNameResolver enableIPv6: false.
  Scanner
  allowUnderscoreAsAssignment: true;
  prefAllowUnderscoreSelectors: true.
+
-
  "that's all, folks"!

Re: The Trunk: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.124.mcz

Tobias Pape
Hi all

On 30.06.2015, at 01:46, [hidden email] wrote:

> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of ReleaseBuilder to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ReleaseBuilder-cmm.124.mcz

> Name: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.124
> Author: cmm
> Time: 29 June 2015, 8:45:32.239 pm
> UUID: 6044f843-3763-485a-acc4-a69b685339f7
> Ancestors: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.123
>
> - openWelcomeWorkspaces after prepareNewBuild:.
> - Moved call to #setProjectBackground: to end of prepareNewBuild so it won't get undone by other initialization.
> - autoEnclose has been default true in the last releases, it still should.

[...]

> Item was changed:
>  ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>setPreferences46 (in category 'preferences') -----
>  setPreferences46
>   "Preferences class defaultValueTableForCurrentRelease"
>
> - self setProjectBackground: Color darkGray.
> -
>   "General User interaction"
>   Preferences
>   enable: #swapMouseButtons;
>   disable: #mouseOverForKeyboardFocus.
>   Morph indicateKeyboardFocus: true.
>
>   "Text input."
>   TextEditor
> + autoEnclose: true ;
> - autoEnclose: false ;

I had the impression that the discussion on this was
“A tad more annoying than useful”, hence I wonder, why turning
it on by default?

Best regards
        -Tobias

Re: The Trunk: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.124.mcz

marcel.taeumel
+1 for autoEnclose because it now seems to work much better than when we decided to disable it in 4.6 for the sake of user safety. :-D We still might not want to remove any selection range but enclose it...

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Trunk: ReleaseBuilder-cmm.124.mcz

timrowledge

On 29-06-2015, at 10:22 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had the impression that the discussion on this was
> “A tad more annoying than useful”, hence I wonder, why turning
> it on by default?

Some people think it is the best thing since opposable thumbs. Some people think it evidence that Loki is walking the world of mankind again and that things can only get worse.

Personally I find it about as pleasant as a colonoscopy with a hedgehog.

tim
Strange OpCodes: UDF: Use Disk for Frisbee