The Trunk: ReleaseBuilder-mt.155.mcz

1 message Options

The Trunk: ReleaseBuilder-mt.155.mcz

commits-2
Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of ReleaseBuilder to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ReleaseBuilder-mt.155.mcz

Name: ReleaseBuilder-mt.155
Author: mt
Time: 14 August 2016, 10:19:48.444039 am
UUID: 9b98547c-c7f5-e647-934c-82b6b1f89790
Ancestors: ReleaseBuilder-mt.154

When preparing the environment, do a cycle to upate all invalid caches. This will make the first image start-up faster.

=============== Diff against ReleaseBuilder-mt.154 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>initialize (in category 'class initialization') -----
  initialize
+ "We have to be after AutoStart so that Morphic is up and running."
+ Smalltalk addToStartUpList: ReleaseBuilder after: AutoStart.
- Smalltalk addToStartUpList: self.

  SystemVersion newVersion: 'Squeak5.1beta'.!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>initializeTemplate (in category 'class initialization') -----
+ initializeTemplate
+
+ ^ 'initialize
+ "We have to be after AutoStart so that Morphic is up and running."
+ Smalltalk addToStartUpList: ReleaseBuilder after: AutoStart.
+
+ SystemVersion newVersion: ''{1}''.'!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>prepareEnvironment (in category 'preparing') -----
  prepareEnvironment
  "Prepare everything that should be done for a new image build. Clear caches, passwords, etc."
  "ReleaseBuilder prepareNewBuild"

  self
  clearCaches;
  configureTools;
  setPreferences;
  configureDesktop.

+ DeferredTask := [PreferenceWizardMorph new openInWorld].
+
+ "If you save-and-quit the image after calling #prepareEnvironment, ensure that the next image startup will be fast."
+ Project current world doOneCycle.!
- DeferredTask := [Project current addDeferredUIMessage: [PreferenceWizardMorph new openInWorld]].!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ReleaseBuilder class>>setNewSystemVersion: (in category 'manual') -----
  setNewSystemVersion: version

  self class
+ compile: (self initializeTemplate format: {version})
- compile: ('initialize
- Smalltalk addToStartUpList: self.
-
- SystemVersion newVersion: ''{1}''.' format: {version})
  classified: 'class initialization'.

  self initialize.

  SystemVersion current isRelease
  ifFalse: [self uploadNewSystemVersion].!