The Trunk: Sound-mt.48.mcz

1 message Options

The Trunk: Sound-mt.48.mcz

commits-2
Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Sound to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Sound-mt.48.mcz

Name: Sound-mt.48
Author: mt
Time: 6 April 2016, 10:26:04.738834 am
UUID: 9b0c8653-4931-ae42-a0ef-e0ca761dc54e
Ancestors: Sound-tpr.47

Fixes sound playing in the way that it goes through the sound service to ensure sound preferences.

=============== Diff against Sound-tpr.47 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: AbstractSound>>play (in category 'playing') -----
  play
+ "Play this sound to the sound output port in real time. Use the sound service to check for sound preferences."
- "Play this sound to the sound output port in real time."

+ SoundService play: self.!
- SoundPlayer playSound: self.!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: AbstractSound>>playAndWaitUntilDone (in category 'playing') -----
  playAndWaitUntilDone
  "Play this sound to the sound ouput port and wait until it has finished playing before returning."

+ self play.
- SoundPlayer playSound: self.
  [self samplesRemaining > 0] whileTrue.
  (Delay forMilliseconds: 2 * SoundPlayer bufferMSecs) wait.  "ensure last buffer has been output"
  !

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: BaseSoundSystem>>beep (in category 'playing') -----
  beep
  "There is sound support, so we use the default
  sampled sound for a beep."

+ ^ SampledSound beep!
- SoundService soundEnabled ifTrue: [
- SampledSound beep]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: BaseSoundSystem>>playSampledSound:rate: (in category 'playing') -----
  playSampledSound: samples rate: rate

+ ^ (SampledSound samples: samples samplingRate: rate) play!
- SoundService soundEnabled ifTrue: [
- (SampledSound samples: samples samplingRate: rate) play]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: BaseSoundSystem>>playSound: (in category 'playing') -----
+ playSound: sound
+
+ SoundPlayer playSound: sound.
+ ^ sound!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: BaseSoundSystem>>playSoundNamed: (in category 'playing') -----
  playSoundNamed: soundName
  "There is sound support, so we play the given sound."

+ ^ SampledSound playSoundNamed: soundName asString!
- SoundService soundEnabled ifTrue: [
- SampledSound playSoundNamed: soundName asString]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: BaseSoundSystem>>playSoundNamed:ifAbsentReadFrom: (in category 'playing') -----
  playSoundNamed: soundName ifAbsentReadFrom: aifFileName

+ (SampledSound soundNames includes: soundName) ifFalse: [
+ (FileDirectory default fileExists: aifFileName) ifTrue: [
+ SampledSound
+ addLibrarySoundNamed: soundName
+ fromAIFFfileNamed: aifFileName]].
+
+ (SampledSound soundNames includes: soundName) ifTrue: [
+ ^ SampledSound playSoundNamed: soundName].
+
+ ^ nil!
- SoundService soundEnabled ifTrue: [
- (SampledSound soundNames includes: soundName) ifFalse: [
- (FileDirectory default fileExists: aifFileName) ifTrue: [
- SampledSound
- addLibrarySoundNamed: soundName
- fromAIFFfileNamed: aifFileName]].
- (SampledSound soundNames includes: soundName) ifTrue: [
- SampledSound playSoundNamed: soundName]]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: BaseSoundSystem>>playSoundNamedOrBeep: (in category 'playing') -----
  playSoundNamedOrBeep: soundName
  "There is sound support, so we play the given sound
  instead of beeping."

+ ^ self playSoundNamed: soundName!