The Trunk: System-eem.952.mcz

commits-2
Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-eem.952.mcz

Name: System-eem.952
Author: eem
Time: 8 June 2017, 10:19:20.182777 am
UUID: 2d764b04-5c3e-4cfc-98c1-d96bc5a92ac7
Ancestors: System-eem.951

Add an "open window at pointer" preference. Harvested from Terf.

=============== Diff against System-eem.951 ===============

Item was changed:
  Object subclass: #RealEstateAgent
  instanceVariableNames: ''
+ classVariableNames: 'PlaceWindowsAtPointer ReverseStaggerOffset StaggerOffset StaggerOrigin StandardSize StandardWindowOrigins'
- classVariableNames: 'ReverseStaggerOffset StaggerOffset StaggerOrigin StandardSize StandardWindowOrigins'
  poolDictionaries: ''
  category: 'System-Support'!

  !RealEstateAgent commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
  Responsible for real-estate management on the screen, which is to say, controlling where new windows appear, with what sizes, etc.  5/20/96 sw!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: RealEstateAgent class>>initialFrameAtPointerFor:initialExtent:world: (in category 'framing - private') -----
+ initialFrameAtPointerFor: aView initialExtent: scaledExtent world: aWorld
+ ^(aWorld cursorPoint - (50@10) "puts use with the mouse ptr just to the right of the menu button"
+ extent: scaledExtent)
+ translatedAndSquishedToBeWithin: (self maximumUsableAreaInWorld: aWorld)!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: RealEstateAgent class>>initialFrameFor:initialExtent:world: (in category 'framing') -----
  initialFrameFor: aView initialExtent: initialExtent world: aWorld
-
  | scaledExtent |
  scaledExtent := (initialExtent * self scaleFactor) rounded.

+ self placeWindowsAtPointer ifTrue:
+ [^self initialFrameAtPointerFor: aView initialExtent: scaledExtent world: aWorld].
+
  ^ Preferences reverseWindowStagger
  ifTrue: [self strictlyStaggeredInitialFrameFor: aView initialExtent: scaledExtent world: aWorld]
  ifFalse: [self normalInitialFrameFor: aView initialExtent: scaledExtent world: aWorld]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: RealEstateAgent class>>placeWindowsAtPointer (in category 'preferences') -----
+ placeWindowsAtPointer
+ "Value of the place-windows-at-pointer preference."
+ <preference: 'Place Windows At Pointer'
+ category: 'windows'
+ type: #Boolean>
+ ^PlaceWindowsAtPointer ifNil: [false]!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: RealEstateAgent class>>placeWindowsAtPointer: (in category 'preferences') -----
+ placeWindowsAtPointer: aBool
+ "Value of the place-windows-at-pointer preference."
+ PlaceWindowsAtPointer := aBool!

Re: The Trunk: System-eem.952.mcz

timrowledge

> On 08-06-2017, at 10:19 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Add an "open window at pointer" preference. Harvested from Terf.

Weeps with joy.

Now if only we could enable the really needed option - the “open where I want it to be at the size I want it to be, without bothering me for details, just do it right” option

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Furnulum pani nolo = I don't want a toaster.

Re: The Trunk: System-eem.952.mcz

marcel.taeumel
Hi, there.

Just want to give you all a pointer to the "Open Tools Attached to Mouse Cursor" preference, which allows for opening and resizing new tool windows relative to the mouse position. Click to drop the window. Click-drag top resize and drop the window.

Best,
Marcel