The Trunk: System-pre.1043.mcz

commits-2
Patrick Rein uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-pre.1043.mcz

Name: System-pre.1043
Author: pre
Time: 8 October 2018, 2:14:05.659633 pm
UUID: e558e323-7754-584e-9983-ffa439fd31cd
Ancestors: System-pre.1042

In order to make the new Git version control infrastructure more accessible, this commit adds the new Installer script to the Do menu.

=============== Diff against System-pre.1042 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Utilities class>>initializeCommonRequestStrings (in category 'common requests') -----
  initializeCommonRequestStrings
  "Initialize the common request strings, a directly-editable list of expressions that can be evaluated from the 'do...' menu."

  CommonRequestStrings := StringHolder new contents:
  'Installer ensureRecentMetacello.
+ Installer installGitInfrastructure.
  -
  Utilities emergencyCollapse.
  Utilities closeAllDebuggers.
  -
  Sensor keyboard.
  ParagraphEditor abandonChangeText.
  Cursor normal show.
  -
  CommandHistory resetAllHistory.
  Project allInstancesDo: [:p | p displayDepth: 16].
  ScriptingSystem inspectFormDictionary.
  Form fromUser bitEdit.
  Display border: (0@0 extent: 640@480) width: 2.
  -
  Undeclared inspect.
  Undeclared removeUnreferencedKeys; inspect.
  Transcript clear.
  Utilities grabScreenAndSaveOnDisk.
  FrameRateMorph new openInHand.
  -
  Utilities reconstructTextWindowsFromFileNamed: ''TW''.
  Utilities storeTextWindowContentsToFileNamed: ''TW''.
  ChangeSorter removeEmptyUnnamedChangeSets.
  ChangeSorter reorderChangeSets.
  -
  ActiveWorld installVectorVocabulary.
  ActiveWorld abandonVocabularyPreference.
  Smalltalk saveAsNewVersion'

  "Utilities initializeCommonRequestStrings"!

Re: The Trunk: System-pre.1043.mcz

David T. Lewis
On Mon, Oct 08, 2018 at 12:14:28PM +0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> Patrick Rein uploaded a new version of System to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/System-pre.1043.mcz

> Name: System-pre.1043
> Author: pre
> Time: 8 October 2018, 2:14:05.659633 pm
> UUID: e558e323-7754-584e-9983-ffa439fd31cd
> Ancestors: System-pre.1042
>
> In order to make the new Git version control infrastructure more accessible, this commit adds the new Installer script to the Do menu.

Do we need a package postscript to apply this to the Do menu?

"Utilities cleanUp: true" will make the menu update happen.

Dave

Re: The Trunk: System-pre.1043.mcz

patrick.rein
I am not sure about this, as this would break any manually configured doIt menus if I understand it correctly. For new images the ReleaseBuilder takes care of re-building the menu. I guess the only other way would be to check whether the CommonRequestStrings are exactly the previous ones and only replace in that case, but that would require copying the old string into the postscript. Would that work?

Bests
Patrick