The Trunk: Tests-fbs.205.mcz

commits-2
Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Tests to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tests-fbs.205.mcz

Name: Tests-fbs.205
Author: fbs
Time: 4 May 2013, 9:29:08.634 pm
UUID: add31da5-c70b-4e15-a7a6-f3c95d0d651b
Ancestors: Tests-fbs.204

Add a #cleanUp so that ReleaseBuilder doesn't have to re-initialise MCMockPackageInfo.

=============== Diff against Tests-fbs.204 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MCMockPackageInfo class>>cleanUp (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
+ cleanUp
+ self initialize.!

Re: The Trunk: Tests-fbs.205.mcz

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Mon, 6 May 2013, [hidden email] wrote:

> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Tests to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tests-fbs.205.mcz

> Name: Tests-fbs.205
> Author: fbs
> Time: 4 May 2013, 9:29:08.634 pm
> UUID: add31da5-c70b-4e15-a7a6-f3c95d0d651b
> Ancestors: Tests-fbs.204
>
> Add a #cleanUp so that ReleaseBuilder doesn't have to re-initialise MCMockPackageInfo.

I know I'm a bit late with this, but this is not exactly what the previous
behavior was. Implementing

cleanUp: aggressive

  aggressive ifTrue: [ self initialize ]

is more like what it was before. I'm not sure if it's a problem to call
#initialize during #cleanUp (or if it's necessary at all), but the
behavior changed. The same is true for the GetText package.

Levente

> =============== Diff against Tests-fbs.204 ===============
>
> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: MCMockPackageInfo class>>cleanUp (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
> + cleanUp
> + self initialize.!

Re: The Trunk: Tests-fbs.205.mcz

Frank Shearar-3
On 7 May 2013 14:35, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 May 2013, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Tests to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tests-fbs.205.mcz

>> Name: Tests-fbs.205
>> Author: fbs
>> Time: 4 May 2013, 9:29:08.634 pm
>> UUID: add31da5-c70b-4e15-a7a6-f3c95d0d651b
>> Ancestors: Tests-fbs.204
>>
>> Add a #cleanUp so that ReleaseBuilder doesn't have to re-initialise
>> MCMockPackageInfo.
>

> I know I'm a bit late with this, but this is not exactly what the previous
> behavior was. Implementing
>
> cleanUp: aggressive
>
>         aggressive ifTrue: [ self initialize ]
>
> is more like what it was before. I'm not sure if it's a problem to call
> #initialize during #cleanUp (or if it's necessary at all), but the behavior
> changed. The same is true for the GetText package.

"Before" was quite a while before, because ReleaseBuilder (formerly
known as ReleaseBuilderFor4dot5) has run "MCMockPackageInfo
initialize" since ReleaseBuilder-fbs.90, in December 2012.

To be clear, you're saying that GetText's and Tests' cleanUp should be
removed and cleanUp: aggressive implemented instead? I'm happy to do
that, as long as we're clear that in a release process an aggressive
cleanup's what we want.

frank

> Levente
>

>> =============== Diff against Tests-fbs.204 ===============
>>
>> Item was added:
>> + ----- Method: MCMockPackageInfo class>>cleanUp (in category 'as yet
>> unclassified') -----
>> + cleanUp
>> +       self initialize.!

Re: The Trunk: Tests-fbs.205.mcz

Bert Freudenberg

On 2013-05-07, at 16:00, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 7 May 2013 14:35, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 May 2013, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Tests to project The Trunk:
>>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tests-fbs.205.mcz
>>>
>>> ==================== Summary ====================
>>>
>>> Name: Tests-fbs.205
>>> Author: fbs
>>> Time: 4 May 2013, 9:29:08.634 pm
>>> UUID: add31da5-c70b-4e15-a7a6-f3c95d0d651b
>>> Ancestors: Tests-fbs.204
>>>
>>> Add a #cleanUp so that ReleaseBuilder doesn't have to re-initialise
>>> MCMockPackageInfo.
>>

>> I know I'm a bit late with this, but this is not exactly what the previous
>> behavior was. Implementing
>>
>> cleanUp: aggressive
>>
>>        aggressive ifTrue: [ self initialize ]
>>
>> is more like what it was before. I'm not sure if it's a problem to call
>> #initialize during #cleanUp (or if it's necessary at all), but the behavior
>> changed. The same is true for the GetText package.
>
> "Before" was quite a while before, because ReleaseBuilder (formerly
> known as ReleaseBuilderFor4dot5) has run "MCMockPackageInfo
> initialize" since ReleaseBuilder-fbs.90, in December 2012.
>
> To be clear, you're saying that GetText's and Tests' cleanUp should be
> removed and cleanUp: aggressive implemented instead? I'm happy to do
> that, as long as we're clear that in a release process an aggressive
> cleanup's what we want.
>
> frank

I meant to write something about this, but didn't have time to look at the code involved ... but I think Levente is right :)

- Bert -