The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72.mcz

The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72.mcz

commits-2
David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of ToolBuilder-Morphic to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72.mcz

Name: ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72
Author: dtl
Time: 5 March 2011, 10:29:07.343 am
UUID: 3e543824-efc3-48c3-8f87-8656c3eeb6f2
Ancestors: ToolBuilder-Morphic-mtf.70

Revert to ToolBuilder-Morphic-mtf

=============== Diff against ToolBuilder-Morphic-mtf.70 ===============

Re: The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72.mcz

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sat, 5 Mar 2011, [hidden email] wrote:

> David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of ToolBuilder-Morphic to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72.mcz

This won't work, because both dtl.71 and dtl.72 have the same ancestor, so
the update process will try to merge the two.

Levente

> Name: ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72
> Author: dtl
> Time: 5 March 2011, 10:29:07.343 am
> UUID: 3e543824-efc3-48c3-8f87-8656c3eeb6f2
> Ancestors: ToolBuilder-Morphic-mtf.70
>
> Revert to ToolBuilder-Morphic-mtf
>
> =============== Diff against ToolBuilder-Morphic-mtf.70 ===============

Re: The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72.mcz

David T. Lewis
Thanks, I'm afraid I have completely broken the update stream at the
moment. I'm trying to revert my ToolBuilder changes, which I should
not have put into trunk in the first place.

What is the correct way to fix this?

Dave

On Sat, 5 Mar 2011, David T. Lewis wrote:

> Thanks, I'm afraid I have completely broken the update stream at the
> moment. I'm trying to revert my ToolBuilder changes, which I should

It works for me.

> not have put into trunk in the first place.
>
> What is the correct way to fix this?

I don't see what's wrong with the changes, but if you want to revert
something, then update your image and then revert changes by hand and
finally save the changes to the Trunk.

Levente

> Dave
>
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 04:35:28PM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>> On Sat, 5 Mar 2011, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of ToolBuilder-Morphic to project
>>> The Trunk:
>>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72.mcz
>>
>> This won't work, because both dtl.71 and dtl.72 have the same ancestor, so
>> the update process will try to merge the two.
>>

>> Levente
>>

>>> ==================== Summary ====================
>>>
>>> Name: ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72
>>> Author: dtl
>>> Time: 5 March 2011, 10:29:07.343 am
>>> UUID: 3e543824-efc3-48c3-8f87-8656c3eeb6f2
>>> Ancestors: ToolBuilder-Morphic-mtf.70
>>>
>>> Revert to ToolBuilder-Morphic-mtf
>>>
>>> =============== Diff against ToolBuilder-Morphic-mtf.70 ===============

Re: The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72.mcz

David T. Lewis
There was probably nothing wrong with my changes at all, but I
got an error when I tested updating from the update stream from
another image, so I decided that I should revert the changes until
I was confident that they worked properly in the update stream.

Obviously I don't know what I'm doing with the update stream :-/

I any case, I *am* still getting failures on updates from an
image that does include my recent ToolBuilder changes, so there
is still a problem.

Thanks for your help, and I'll try to get the remaining problems
sorted out as soon as possible.

Dave

On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 05:01:35PM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Mar 2011, David T. Lewis wrote:
>
> >Thanks, I'm afraid I have completely broken the update stream at the
> >moment. I'm trying to revert my ToolBuilder changes, which I should
>
> It works for me.
>
> >not have put into trunk in the first place.
> >
> >What is the correct way to fix this?
>
> I don't see what's wrong with the changes, but if you want to revert
> something, then update your image and then revert changes by hand and
> finally save the changes to the Trunk.
>

> Levente
>

> >Dave

> >>This won't work, because both dtl.71 and dtl.72 have the same ancestor, so
> >>the update process will try to merge the two.
> >>

> >>Levente

Trunk update issues [was: The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72.mcz]

David T. Lewis
I may have caused problems in the trunk update stream that could effect
people who have done updates in the last day. If you have a recently
updated image and run into problems with further updates, here is what
to do:

Open a Monticello browser on the trunk repository. Manually load the
following three packages:

  ToolBuilder-Kernel-dtl.45
  ToolBuilder-MVC-dtl.25
  ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.73

After loading these three, open a class browser on class ToolBuilder,
and inspect class variable 'Default'. It should be set to nil. If this
is not the case, manually set it to nil by evaluating 'Default := nil'
in the class browser.

This reverts some changes that are required for SimpleMorphic projects
(in the inbox), so I will resubmit those changes when I am confident
that they do not cause further issues.

Apologies to anyone who may have been effected by this.

Dave

On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 11:38:35AM -0500, David T. Lewis wrote:

> There was probably nothing wrong with my changes at all, but I
> got an error when I tested updating from the update stream from
> another image, so I decided that I should revert the changes until
> I was confident that they worked properly in the update stream.
>
> Obviously I don't know what I'm doing with the update stream :-/
>
> I any case, I *am* still getting failures on updates from an
> image that does include my recent ToolBuilder changes, so there
> is still a problem.
>
> Thanks for your help, and I'll try to get the remaining problems
> sorted out as soon as possible.
>
> Dave
>

> On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 05:01:35PM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> > On Sat, 5 Mar 2011, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >
> > >Thanks, I'm afraid I have completely broken the update stream at the
> > >moment. I'm trying to revert my ToolBuilder changes, which I should
> >
> > It works for me.
> >
> > >not have put into trunk in the first place.
> > >
> > >What is the correct way to fix this?
> >
> > I don't see what's wrong with the changes, but if you want to revert
> > something, then update your image and then revert changes by hand and
> > finally save the changes to the Trunk.
> >

> > Levente
> >

> > >Dave

Re: Trunk update issues [was: The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72.mcz]

laza
Dave,

it's the trunk after all, so people have to expect that it will not work all the time. And you complied to the golden rule: "You broke it (if even so in this case), you fix it". So no need for apologies, but thanks for your continuous efforts.

Alex

2011/3/5 David T. Lewis <[hidden email]>
Apologies to anyone who may have been effected by this.

Re: Trunk update issues [was: The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Morphic-dtl.72.mcz]

David T. Lewis
Thanks, I think I was suffering from a bad case of not enough coffee
this morning ;)

Anyway, I resubmitted the (now fixed) ToolBuilder updates to the inbox.

Dave